Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to join us.
Firetire2 & I & possibly one other right now are doing a ride this Saturday.
We're heading out at 1pm. We'll be going down 83 to 60 to Marietta.
We're going to stop in Marietta at a restaurant on the river for
Some awesome pulled pork nocho's or what ever.
Then heading back to Zanesville.

It's about a hour & a half ride one way so we should be back long before dark.
I'm on the map but if your interested pm me & ill give you my address.
The weathers looking good & the run is FUN!

Hope to see you out there. Kanuck69.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
would love to go. but, I'm heading out to Toledo on Saturday. blast!

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Probably could have met up somewhere, but I've already committed to a poker run. We'll be leaving out of Beverly on Rt 60 about 11am.

Might pass ya on the road, I'd know that VN at a distance.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
Lol, cheating again! Ltms
not really. wife's bike needs to go into the shop. she's afraid to ride it before it does. :(

as for riding this weekend, the weather looks real good. also, not sure about down there, but up here some of the leaves are starting to change. the wife and I really wanted to take a trip back to Marietta. we think it would be a real nice spot for a fall ride. are you going to the BBQ (Boathouse BBQ-Brews&Views) right on the river? that place is cool. if so, don't forget to "roll" your dice.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Guess I'll have to ride to Marietta and look for a string of VNs. Found out almost last minute, no ride today., except solo.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I'll have to ride to Marietta and look for a string of VNs. Found out almost last minute, no ride today., except solo.
You didn't do the poker run? That's a shame. We came thru there heading back around 4:30. Alot of bikes!
We're talking about getting in another "day" run before the weather getts $hitty. If you want I can let you know when we go. The more the marrier. :rockon:

Not the greatest video, but I'm try'n.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
nice video. where abouts was that?

we had a great time in Toledo. although we didn't ride, the wife got a lot of homework done in the cage on the laptop. good thing for laptops! lol

as for the wife and I, the riding season is (for the most part) over for this year. :(

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
:worthless

you did take pic's, right?! or did you leave the wife at home? lol

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
You didn't do the poker run? That's a shame. We came thru there heading back around 4:30. Alot of bikes!
We're talking about getting in another "day" run before the weather getts $hitty. If you want I can let you know when we go. The more the marrier. :rockon:

Not the greatest video, but I'm try'n.
Yeah, give me a heads-up and I'll try to make it. My ridin' buddies aren't much for riders lately. They all said, "get ya a bike and we'll ride", I always said, "Are you sure?", well we've been out four times and only one of those was really worth $%*t. The rest were five mile sprints then pull over while someone calls their ole lady. Inevitably, someone ends up having to head home to put out the ole lady's fire.

I put on 3000 miles this summer and then quit riding as much, kinda feel like I'm about 800 miles behind schedule now.

Ahhhh-uhhhhh!
Really thought you were about to overcook that turn at 27 seconds in the video!

Any of you guys using a Chatterbox or FRS radio? I've got some FRS but need to get a headset.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
Yeah, give me a heads-up and I'll try to make it. My ridin' buddies aren't much for riders lately. They all said, "get ya a bike and we'll ride", I always said, "Are you sure?", well we've been out four times and only one of those was really worth $%*t. The rest were five mile sprints then pull over while someone calls their ole lady. Inevitably, someone ends up having to head home to put out the ole lady's fire.

I put on 3000 miles this summer and then quit riding as much, kinda feel like I'm about 800 miles behind schedule now.

Any of you guys using a Chatterbox or FRS radio? I've got some FRS but need to get a headset.
that's why I got my wife her own bike. so now she rides with me. no phone to answer. no fires to put out. lol

I'll have to watch the video again. :wow:

as for Chatterbox or FRS radio's......I've been wanting some kind of motorcycle communication devices. I have a set that we used a few times a few years ago. but I'd like to sell that and upgrade to some thing better. the problem with that is, every time I find something I like, something "new and improved" comes along and then I want the newer ones which are always more than I can afford. :doh: lol but one of these days we will have a new set.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
:wow: yikes! that looked pretty scary there for a few seconds! :wow:

but not to worry. good old Kanuck69, was just trying to liven up the video for all of us here! lol :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Uh.... Yeah. Just keep'n it lively for the video.

OR coming into a corner way to hot! lol
How did I miss this thread,I ain't been on the 'puter much lately, been riding about everyday I ain't had work or other crap to do.

That video looked about par for, Kanuck"If you ain't living on the edge ,you're taking up to much room" 69. :rockon:

Spockster, I ride solo most of the time or with one other rider who has ridden with me since the late 70's. I like it that way for the most part,I don't have any limits on where I ride or how long when solo.And if Ted is riding with me ,we really don't have to worry about what each other is going to do for the most part. You need to find one solid rider who you can depend on to go when they say they will.Larger groups are okay for an every now and then thing :beerchug:,but for the most part a charity run or a get together with people I have met over the years is about all the group riding I do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts