Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs in equipment or electrical. Anyway, what are your opinions of the Yuasa Smart Shot 90 vs the Battery Tender Jr? I can get them both locally for about the same price and they seem to have the same function though the Yuasa runs at 900ma vs Jr at 750. The Verses basically says they exist but doesn't really compare them.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Not sure if this belongs in equipment or electrical. Anyway, what are your opinions of the Yuasa Smart Shot 90 vs the Battery Tender Jr? I can get them both locally for about the same price and they seem to have the same function though the Yuasa runs at 900ma vs Jr at 750. The Verses basically says they exist but doesn't really compare them.
I'd get the BT Jr. Alot of folks use them so at least I know they work fine. ( I had one too) Not alot of reports on the Yussa Smart Shot.

Geneally the lower amp rating is a good thing.

KM

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I own and use a Jr.,it's two years old and no problems plus it is fully automatic,no attention required with an AGM battery,I have no experience with the Yuasa good or bad.

·
Registered
659 Posts
^ X-2. Got em on 3 bikes.

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
Charger alternative for non-AGM batteries

I have been using these for boats, deep cycle, motorcycle and car batteries for several years.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automatic-battery-float-charger-42292.html

For my motorcycles I cut off the stock connectors and convert to quick disconnect. Make my own pigtail for the batttery with the opposite connector. They are pretty reliable, I've probably had a dozen or so over the years and only 1 or 2 have failed.
In the spring and fall they usually go on sale for $5, but even at full price they are a great deal. Each time I sell a vehicle that uses one, I just throw it in with the purchase. The buyer gets something with a high perceived value that actually cost me nothing in the long run when you compare it with replacing dead batteries.

One thing though: NOT FOR AGM BATTERIES!!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
I have and use 2 Battery Tender Jr's. they work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts