Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you need to charge these batteries?

I've had it almost 3 weeks, no hotstart problems but, for the last couple days it was running really weak and then suddenly would not turn the starter over anymore. I hooked up the charger this eve when I got home from work. It was showing green light (fully charged). I left it charging for a few minutes anyway while I put the seat and all back on. (I ran a tether down by the fender so I can hook the charger up anytime wothout having to remove the seat anymore) After a few minutes of charging I tried the starter and it fired right up! Not only that but the charger light changed to yellow (charging) and has been charging for a couple hours now.

I didnt see anything in the battery manual about periodic recharging. Do these batteries need to be constantly recharged, or do I need to begin looking into my recharging and electrical systems?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh BTW I've had the battery for about 3 weeks, not the bike.

And I ride nearly every day, about 100+ miles per week. So I was thinking that should be plenty to keep it charged?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I'll take that to mean that as long as I'm riding, the bike should not need recharging every few weeks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ya Should only need recharged if its sat for awhile. I read that a batter will loose 1% of its charge everyday it sits.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Make sure the battery connections are tight/clean, as well as frame ground and stator connections.
It sounds like something may be loose or dirty.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree with hyper. Check them connections

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
I second the agreement with Hyper. Especially the ground connectoins all the way through to the motor. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts