Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a few weeks ago i bobbed the frame (for the 2nd time) and made a solo seat. now im fixin to put on my new final drive and driveshaft (too many wheelies made my old 1 pop alot lol) o and my throttle cable broke yesterday so now i gotta get a new 1 b4 i can ride.

and a pic of my perty final drive

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
looks great man...what r u ueing for a rear fender, and how much did you lower the back with the rigid struts? What did you use to make your struts?

Love the XR in the back...first bike I ever worked on was a 76 and 78 XR350...vintage dirt rules

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Lookin' Good !! :beerchug:

And you would have to have that XR in the pic, huh?! ( I miss mine :( )
My dirtbike has been sitting for more than a few months. I finally got a trailer hitch on my Jeep, so I'm hoping I'll have the KLX out soon!

Got Dirt?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'd like to HEAR the bike.. those straight drag pipes?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great man...what r u ueing for a rear fender, and how much did you lower the back with the rigid struts? What did you use to make your struts?

Love the XR in the back...first bike I ever worked on was a 76 and 78 XR350...vintage dirt rules
rear fender is a 7" wide trailer fender. the bike is a 94 xr 250L, i love it!! never selling it. i took 2 pieces of steel and welded together to double the thickness. i lowered the rear 3in.
Lookin' Good !! :beerchug:

And you would have to have that XR in the pic, huh?! ( I miss mine :( )
My dirtbike has been sitting for more than a few months. I finally got a trailer hitch on my Jeep, so I'm hoping I'll have the KLX out soon!

Got Dirt?
yeah man ya gotta make time for both street and dirt, get the klx out!!!
I'd like to HEAR the bike.. those straight drag pipes?
yep, theyre harley pipes i cut and welded to the headers, its crazy loud and i love it lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
Looking great!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i just got the swingarm off a few min. ago, what a pain!!!! anyway im in the process of striping the paint off of it so i can paint it. still waiting on the driveshaft from ccspinner, when i get it i'll throw the rear end back on and probably start on the fork seals, also im polishing the fork ends :). i think im going to order my 18" apehangers and my cables friday.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I'd like to see the polished fork ends when you're done. Mine needs seals and fluid change and I was thinking of polishing them as well, or powder coating. So post up some pics when you do it.

Lookin good so far! ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to see the polished fork ends when you're done. Mine needs seals and fluid change and I was thinking of polishing them as well, or powder coating. So post up some pics when you do it.

Lookin good so far! ;)
yeah im gonna call tomorrow about the dust covers and the fluid so i can get it done.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres a pic of the bike w/ the swingarm off

i started to take the paint off too

·
Registered
17 Posts
That looks nice. Less is more.

I look forward to seeing your progress (not to mention the completion).

:smiley_th

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well nothing new on the bike today, heres the story... i woke up this morning w/ my boss on the phone saying "hey! wake up" so i immediatly say "O SH*T! im late! ill be there in a few!" when he says "no its 6 in the morning" then i'm thinkin wtf is my boss callin me so early for. he tells me about this tool box on the net thats a killer deal, so i got up and emailed the guy, got a phone number and well... went and got it after work.

its 17 drawers total, the top and bottom dont really go together but it isnt too far off so it works okay. paid 400 bux and it was only 25 miles from me. o and btw my boss loaned me the 400 bux for it :) my boss is pretty cool lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah lol i realized today that im gonna have to sell my soul to the mac guy so i can fill this thing up :p

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Hell of a deal on a pair of Snap-on boxes. :smiley_th
I'll say! If you bought them from Snap-Off, you'd probably have to pay, what, at least $2,000??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts