Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to take this time to give big thanks to Bulldog for his R/R relocation kit. I recieved my package in a very timely manner, it was well packaged and the quality of the bracket and fasteners were great. The mounting instructions were clear and concise. I highly recommend this mod to all Vulcan 750 owners. Well Done, and thanks!!:beerchug:

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Just wanted to take this time to give big thanks to Bulldog for his R/R relocation kit. I recieved my package in a very timely manner, it was well packaged and the quality of the bracket and fasteners were great. The mounting instructions were clear and concise. I highly recommend this mod to all Vulcan 750 owners. Well Done, and thanks!!:beerchug:
You are welcome. I appreciate the feedback and am always looking at methods to improve and or new items to make.

I'm trying to get my hands on a VN900 for a few hours as I've heard tons of complaints about where the RR is on that bike. While in a great position for cooling, it must be removed to change the oil - NOT FUN...

For those looking at relocating their RR on their VN750 and don't want to mess with making a bracket, I do have the kits for sale at http://www.bulldogsbike.com/relorr.htm

·
REDRIDER
117 Posts
R/r Bracket

Question Bulldog. With the bracket and rectifier mounted so close to the tire, is there any concern of damage to the electrical connection due to water or heat at highway speeds? Thanks

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Question Bulldog. With the bracket and rectifier mounted so close to the tire, is there any concern of damage to the electrical connection due to water or heat at highway speeds? Thanks
Heat is not a factor. The harness is routed so it is nowhere near the tire and it is recommended that the plug be wrapped with a little extra electrical tape but so far no body has complained about dirt or water getting into the plug. Believe it or not, the plug is just as exposed to the elements in the relocated position as it is under the bike. But being hidden under the bike makes it easier to forget about. What I did was to pack the wire side of the plug with dielectric grease and then wrap that end up with weather-proof electrical tape good and tight. The plug side should not be packed with dielectric grease is it is non-conductive and could prevent good electrical contact.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I tellya guys, quick delivery, easy to install and inexpensive. I don't know why anyone would risk the possible damage to their bike vs. using Bull Dog's relocation kit!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Bulldog, I can't seem to gain access to your website to order a RR bracket. I was just there the other night looking at them, but now can't get in. It states that I don't have permission to enter site. What gives dawg?

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Hey Bulldog, I can't seem to gain access to your website to order a RR bracket. I was just there the other night looking at them, but now can't get in. It states that I don't have permission to enter site. What gives dawg?
Thank you for the heads-up... It is fixed now. My server is acting strange and will be reviewed when it comes time for renewal.

http://www.bulldogsbike.com/relorr.htm is working now...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! It seems to be running fine now. Ordering RR bracket!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree, I was very happy with my purchase as well. The instructions helped me do the modification in about 15 minutes the other day. Money well spent to prevent future problems.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
I ordered Bulldog's kit, and highly recommend it. Easy to install and looks nice too.

I have one suggestion, though. Mount the RR to the bracket before mounting the bracket on the bike, makes it easier. The instructions say to do it the other way.

Bulldog, did you get that list of grammar / spelling nits in the instructions? :smiley_th

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got the R/R kit. Very well done. Thanks Bulldog. Took only 15 min. to install. I ordered a new R/R and just left the old one in. I'm making it just sit there and cook!

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Just an admin note here... I'm looking to be in Columbus OH for the first part of May, so if anyone is looking at getting an RR Relo kit from me, they want to order them now so I can get them out before May 5th. I'll be in Columubs from May 5th to May 15th or so and then busy as hell learning my new career.

Ride safe...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bulldog! Bulldog!

I received my bracket in one day! Now that is fast! Probably cause i live 20 miles away from Bulldog. I am very satisfied! It very well made comes with everything needed and saved me time and headaches to make my own. Time is more expensive than $40.:rockon:

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
I received my bracket in one day! Now that is fast! Probably cause i live 20 miles away from Bulldog. I am very satisfied! It very well made comes with everything needed and saved me time and headaches to make my own. Time is more expensive than $40.:rockon:

Glad you like it. It was the last thing I did before I headed to the airport on Sunday. Ride safe and hope to meet you at the Little Angels breakfast / ride on the 18th of May in Crystal Lake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts