Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, it's a "lowered my Vulcan" thread. I did the 1/8 plate with a shackle relocation bracket, and raised the forks just a hair under an inch. I got finished about the time the wife and kids got home so I haven't test driven it yet. It feels pretty good sitting on it, the back seems pretty stiff. I'll end up pulling the bracket off and just changing shocks, but I wanted it lower today and didn't want to wait. I'll post pics tomorrow or over the weekend.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Melissa Fahye has 10.5" progressive shocks and moved the forks 1.5" and handles well,just the footpegs scrape more;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How do you move the forks?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Loosen up the triple tree and slide the fork.but I don't recommend doing it unless the rear is lowered, as the handling will get very wonky

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
If you are doing it for cosmetic reasons, I wouldn't. I routinely drag the pegs in turns on my stock Vulcan (I'm nearly 260 pounds) Less ground clearance would probably make it easy to crash in sharp turns, like at a stoplight.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Dats were yas gots to be careful.I only drag pegs when I'm REALLY into it.it's not a crotch rocket and anyone who buys a Vulcan already knows that.and if you crash from scraping pegs at a stop sign you might not realize what thaw word STOP means.;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I did it because I'm a short guy. I took it a bit over 100 miles yesterday, no bottoming out on the railroad tracks or bumps, but I did drag the center stand a time or two.

I started off with big triangles and worked them to shape. I didn't cut the rear of the brackets down because my wife proclaimed the pointy bit "bad ass."

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Sweet.I removed my center stand

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Does the bike sit ok when parked and on the side stand?

-Sloppy

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Had to heat my side stand up with a map torch and bend it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts