Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love this forum, how it's layed out and catigorized, email notifications of subscribed threads, etc. I'm both a member here and of the yahoo 750 group, but for the life of me I can't figure out why this forum has so little activity compared to the yahoo 750 group? I know several of us are members of both, but this forum is so much more readable, and looks great, works great, why in the world aren't more users spending their time here than at the yahoo group? I have tried to love the yahoo forum but it is so difficult to follow and find information on, and viewing in "thread" mode just gets messy and you can't find current threads. It's such a pain to get the "digest" emails and have to weed through all the babble that I'm not interested in to find good stuff, and the only other option is either to get individual emails from every post, or none at all! I wish everyone would move their efforts to this forum! Seems like a great tool that's not getting the activity it deserves!

Ok, I guess I need more coffee!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I agree, There is a lot of info on bolth sights, Here is very easy to navigate and not the crap and jokes on Yahoo. Bolth have good points but easer to find here.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
its yahoo's marketing engine....easier to search and find

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Yahoo was first so a lot of people got used to it and it feels like an old glove/shoe. Some people prefer the way the messages just flow naturally.

I agree about searching for stuff, but there are some great search engines (moderators/regulars) there that are very helpful

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand the "first" business. First, biggest, not always best... i.e. Microsoft, AOL, etc. (not that I'm opinionated!:D )

Searching is one of the things I like better on this forum. Yeah, there's more info on the yahoo group, but searching it is a pita! When you search here, you get "all" the results at once, and inside each post or thread, you get your search terms in "red". Couldn't be easier, but unfortunately, there's less to find here. I wish it was possible to port all threads over to this forum into an archive where we could use the features here to access everything! (it's a nice dream)

I'm a sys admin, and get around 200 emails a day, most of them spam, and chose not to receive every post on the yahoo group individually, and instead get the digest, several times a day. I usually sort through the digest and anything interesting, I go look for it on the yahoo site but find it time consuming. It is a valuable resource, but I just wish it was organized better.

Well, anyway, this site rocks!:smiley_th

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
As a moderator for both groups I alsoget to experience both.
Personally, I like the "babble, crap and jokes" from the yahoo group. It's what has made it more "family" to me.
I liken it to a group of people sitting around talking about their bike and life, and yes, even in life, with a group of people, several conversations are going on at the same time.
In this forum, the threads are more grouped and often times I will look, see that someone has responded and decide not to add my 2 cents in. Consequently I don't spend as much time here, nor do I post as much here.
In other words, I see the yahoo group as more conversation, this as more technical. It's like at work.. for information I grab a manual, to find out the "kickin around stuff and the nitty gritty" I go out and talk with the smokers. ;)
As far as one being better then the other? It's a personal perference.
It should be noted that this forum was founded through donations and the efforts of the Yahoo group. Also some from the yahoo group have set up gmail accounts to handle the individual emails. I have my yahoo mail go to my yahoo email. They can be sorted off into a folder and then sorted by thread to manage the flow.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dianna, I wondered if you were the same Dianna on the Yahoo group. I didn't realize there was that kind of connection between the sites. Your description really turned on some light bulbs for me. I appreciate the help I've been given from users on both sites.
If diamonds were easy to find, they wouldn't be worth much. I'll keep looking for them on the yahoo group. It's funny, as much as I'm uncomfortable with the way the yahoo group works, I wouldn't want to lose it as a resource. Thanks for your enlightening comments! And thanks for your assistance on both sites!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts