4,849 Posts
Where are you at?

Reactions: slimvulcanrider

·
Sparky!!!
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you at?
After these Army, I moved back to my home town in eastern Oregon.
But if you’re asking as for location of where I am in respects to a possible VN750. That doesn’t matter, I’m now a member of a world wide outdoor exploration club, and have access to make things happen.
For example my wife wanted a specific 2004 Toyota 4Runner at the max price of$4,500. We found one in New Jersey. I then paid a member of the club to take it to a 3rd party shop to get inspected for us and let us know the major faults. Only a couple of minor faults found. Leaking Rear Main Seal, Transfer Case output seal leaked as well, and the driver window hangs up when rolling down. I knocked the price down to $4,000 and called another guy who was towing an empty car trailer from NYC to Grande Junction, Colorado to pick up a vehicle that he left behind on one of his adventures to the Rockies. He delivered the rig to a friend of mine in Pueblo West, Colorado for another friend/member to pick up and bring to me on his way home to Kennewick, Washington.

So if I can get a SUV a crossed the country for a few hundred bucks and several cases of beer, I’m sure I can find a way to get a motorcycle a crossed the country if need be.

·
Sparky!!!
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can have my project bike for $200. Has not run for about 20 years. (But did prior to parking it) So you’ll likely need to clean the crap out of the carbs. Coastered, shaved, needs fenders.
Knifemaker, I am very honored as well as interested. Let me see what it will take on my end to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are still looking, I have a 93 750 that I am trying to sell. It runs great and I ride it to work most days. Stored in the shed when not riding, I already put 3-5k miles on it since I got it.

·
Sparky!!!
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am in Meridian, Idaho

Here is my bike:

Nice bike, if you have it the next time I’m in the area I’ll hit you up, but I’m looking for more of a basket case so I can finish the build I sold a few years ago… I hate to go hacking up a perfect steed.

·
Super Moderator
12,135 Posts
Photo of mine.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Seat had been cut down and covered with goatskin for a solo saddle. Passenger pegs replaced with aluminum plates to hold exhaust.
Bike comes with two extra sets of forks, as I planned to have Frank make a set 4” longer.
No fenders, have stock instruments, but painted them black. That and a set of cats-eye LED turn signals included. Planned to build a “tail” out of fiberglass or sheet metal behind the seat to instal a pair of Cadillac bullet tail lights on, which are included along with the other parts.
Only issues with the bike I know of is that it needs new bearings/races in the steering head, and that the gas cap is stuck. No scratch’s or dents.
I live 40 miles SW of St.Louis, Missouri.

·
Sparky!!!
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Photo of mine.

View attachment 53783

Seat had been cut down and covered with goatskin for a solo saddle. Passenger pegs replaced with aluminum plates to hold exhaust.
Bike comes with two extra sets of forks, as I planned to have Frank make a set 4” longer.
No fenders, have stock instruments, but painted them black. That and a set of cats-eye LED turn signals included. Planned to build a “tail” out of fiberglass or sheet metal behind the seat to instal a pair of Cadillac bullet tail lights on, which are included along with the other parts.
Only issues with the bike I know of is that it needs new bearings/races in the steering head, and that the gas cap is stuck. No scratch’s or dents.
I live 40 miles SW of St.Louis, Missouri.
Let me talk it over with the the bank (aka the wife) and I’ll get back to you. This is pretty much exactly what I’m looking for though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts