Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of stock mirrors with stalks. I actually only need the stalks but will take the entire setup just so as not to break up the set. I am making my own stalks from square tubing and need the 10mm 1.25 pitch threaded portion. The right side has a reverse thread on the lower end and that is the part I am having difficulty finding. McMaster-Carr and Grainger have been no help due to the uncommon pitch (1.25) and the reverse thread for the one side. I can purchase long bolts and cut off the head but that only gives me three out of the four ends I need. Cycle Gear has said they can not get an adapter for my needs either. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me with any information. My zip is 08824 for shipping charges.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I thought only Yamaha had reverse threads on the right side mirror? Both mirrors on my Vulcan are right-hand threads.

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought only Yamaha had reverse threads on the right side mirror? Both mirrors on my Vulcan are right-hand threads.
I was under the same impression until I bought new mirrors and found that the new stalks would not work on the right side. If you hold the old stalks side by side you can see that one is a reverse thread on the lower end. I like my new mirrors as they are rectangular and all my mods to the bike are based on a square or rectangular theme such as the running lights, directional, light bar, luggage rack, etc. I want to add square tubing stalks to the list of mods and need to match the proper threads.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
I've never seen reverse threads outside of Yamaha either?
Can you just get the Yamaha mirror adapters and use them?
The aftermarket Emgo mirrors I have purchased in the past come with them.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Think I get it now.. The right side mirror is for a Yamaha, but you want to modify it so you can use it.

They do make adapters to correct the different threads but of course it will raise the mirror height if you don't modify the stalk some way.

Is it too late to exchange them for right hand thread mirrors?

These are what I put on mine, Emgo brand 'El Chico', right hand threads:
https://www.denniskirk.com/392719.sku?utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=cse

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I want to do is to make my own square tubing stalks and I need the threaded ends to weld onto the stalks. That means I need three 10mm 1.25 regular threaded pieces and one 10mm 1.25 reversed threaded piece. If anyone has the stock stalks I can cut the threaded portion off and weld that to the new square stalks I am making.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why dont you buy some stainless steel bolts with the correct threading to modify and weld? Easily atainable I would think, if it's only the thread you're after?

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why dont you buy some stainless steel bolts with the correct threading to modify and weld? Easily atainable I would think, if it's only the thread you're after?
That is what I originally tried to do and as I wrote in my first post I went to two different industrial supply operations (McMaster-Carr and Grainger) but they did not have the proper 10 mm with 1.25 pitch or the reverse thread. If you know of a supplier of 10 mm 1.25 in regular and reverse thread bolts or studs please let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
That is what I originally tried to do and as I wrote in my first post I went to two different industrial supply operations (McMaster-Carr and Grainger) but they did not have the proper 10 mm with 1.25 pitch or the reverse thread. If you know of a supplier of 10 mm 1.25 in regular and reverse thread bolts or studs please let me know.
A good Ace Hardware store has them. Mine has them in stainless steel and chrome. 1.25 is the standard pitch.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
A good Ace Hardware store has them. Mine has them in stainless steel and chrome. 1.25 is the standard pitch.
I LOVE Ace Hardware! There's a fastener for everything. A really good hardware store which I've only found one about 10 miles from me should have what you need. Google maps your zipcode for hardware stores. Give them a ring. If the know their stuff they will be able to tell you over the phone. :rockon:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Tractor Supply has a good selection of bolts.

You can get mirror adapters with the threads you need, they look like the one in the first post here:

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23970

I've seen them with regular threads on the stud to fit our bikes, and the reverse thread in the female side.

edit: Those adapters are available in chrome also.

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
I have my old original set of round mirrors as I put on some black aftermarket rectangular ones I like for seeing behind me better. I may let them go if you want them they are in a box in the basement I live in Oregon Steve

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Tractor Supply also has boxed tubing...lil less than 1/2" I guess ? (7/16 ?)...weld the ends on and yer done...ya got yer buddy's shop now....raw steel though, so will need to paint or get chromed/nickeled...
I love Tractor Supply....its like a Home Depot for rednecks...whats nice here is Tractor Supply is right next to Lowes....:motorcycl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts