Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Im making a solo now thats a bolt on for the VN...but I dont need another stocker, lol....when its done, will take a pic...prolly be asking about $50 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Im making a solo now thats a bolt on for the VN...but I dont need another stocker, lol....when its done, will take a pic...prolly be asking about $50 plus shipping.
Hello Wolfie, I am interested in seeing those pics of the solo seat you made. I am also looking to get a solo seat and I might be interested.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I never finished it, but will soon and put up pics (nobody was interested, lol)....will require drilling a hole for a bolt in the fender. Cupla days mebbe....

·
Registered
90 Posts
just wondering wolfie. With the solo seat you are building would you be able to switch between yours and the stocker?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yes....only difference is that there will be a small bolt hole left in the rear fender. Would be hidden by stock seat. Uses stock mount in front, then a tab with a single bolt thru fender in rear like older Harleys have.
And I havent forgotten...just getting projects outta the way so I can reach it, lol....snowin like crazy and my fenders are done, so now to the seat in the morning....sorry its taking so long, wife is being a btch about my parts in the living room...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
This is a nice looking seat

I found this pic on the net. A drifter 800 seat. I like the style and the ring around the back. I can attach a couple bungee cords to it, or maybe join the seat with a luggage rack. Wolfie, do you know if this is easy to adapt to the Vulcan 750 ?

Attachments

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Merc has a Drifter...looked to me (viewing his) that where the back support comes up might be a lil too much extreme angle, so unless you elevated the front, the rear wouldnt match the fender (different bends)...you could make it work....but could take a lil fabricating of mounts....easily done with some band iron (or aluminum) and a hand drill....almost any solo mod would require at least the removal of the rear part of the cover and the foam....once the mount is on, ya just staple it back on....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts