Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the steel plate on the back of the seat that attached to the grab bar. The threads got cross threaded and I now hold the seat on with cable ties. Any one who has an extra seat, seat pan, or that steel plate, let me know by pm or email ([email protected]).
thanks!
Jeremy

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably could, but I don't have one and have never done that.. i would rather get the part...

·
Registered
409 Posts
If the bracket itself is still attached to the back of the seat, you can drill the cross threaded holes slightly larger and then use JB weld or marine epoxy to secure another new pair of regular nuts to the back of the ones already on the bracket. Then just get a pair of slightly larger bolts.

All the JB needs to do is hold the nuts in place so you can get the bolts into them. The bracket itself would still be secure and, when bolted, would be holding the seat against the seat mount. (I mean, theoretically the nuts could be loose, but you'd never be able to "hold" them and thread your bolts through the toolbox/seat mount.)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that.. would be cheaper for sure...

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
I'll try that.. would be cheaper for sure...
Not really...You'll have to drill out nuts, Do you have the right size drill-bit.
J-B weld?, New nuts and bolts?, and the time to do it.

Or take one of the bolts you have take it to a parts shop or Machine shop,
Have them match it up with the tap you need and just run it through nuts already in there.............Done.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
PM sent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts