Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

WTB Saddle Bags, AND Windshield

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Stewart 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy a windshield and a set of saddle bags if anyone is selling shoot me a message

#2 ·
Are you looking for a large windshield like a plexistar, or the smaller ones that were available as an add on from the dealer.

Smaller one

Plexistar

#3 ·
I like both. I want one that I don't have to look through. I think... Any advice would help too

#9 ·
I have the Plexifaring III on mine.

I usually look right over the top of it, unless I'm going up a hill.

#10 ·
As for saddlebags...what kind are you looking for? Hard? Soft? Leather? What?

#11 ·
I cut my Plexistar down 2" and still look through it. I have the smaller one available if you're interested in it. You can see over that a lot easier.

#12 ·
Offer to the OP first, but i'm interested in one of the small windshields too.

#13 ·
Chuck, I'll give OP to end of today (Wednesday), PM me you email if you want addditional pics and give me your zip code so I could figure out shipping.

#20 ·
1. Here are my thoughts on the Kaw shield and the PF3. Stock PF3 is great at blocking wind with no helmet buffeting. However, on my ride home on a 90+ degree day, I had the vents open on my Cortech jacket, and for whatever reason, the jacket was sucked into my body. Also, at 5-7, I had to look through the shield, which drove me nuts.

2. Kaw shield, of course, doesn't block the wind nearly as well. However, I can see over it, like the way it looks, and don't get any major helmet buffeting.

I cut the PF3 down. Cracked it in the process, but I think it is still useable. Am about to take if for a test ride.

#21 ·
I have a set of small, leather saddlebags and tail trunk for sale. They came with my bike.

Not sure of the brand of the bags, don't see any labels on them. The saddlebags have the standard buckle closure, not the quick-clip buckles. One bag will has a 3-4 inch gap in the lower seam and will need to be sewed.

The top case is sun faded, in obviously used condition in that regard. It does have the quick-connect/clip closures. It is a useful bag, and had I not added hard bags, I'd use it.

I'll sell them for $60.00 plus shipping costs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.