Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a windshield and a set of saddle bags if anyone is selling shoot me a message

·
2,521 Posts
Are you looking for a large windshield like a plexistar, or the smaller ones that were available as an add on from the dealer.

Smaller one

Plexistar

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like both. I want one that I don't have to look through. I think... Any advice would help too

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I like the second the best

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much and do you look over or through the shield

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I have the Plexifaring III on mine.

I usually look right over the top of it, unless I'm going up a hill.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
As for saddlebags...what kind are you looking for? Hard? Soft? Leather? What?

·
2,521 Posts
I cut my Plexistar down 2" and still look through it. I have the smaller one available if you're interested in it. You can see over that a lot easier.

·
Skankin' Vulcan
64 Posts
Offer to the OP first, but i'm interested in one of the small windshields too.

·
2,521 Posts
Chuck, I'll give OP to end of today (Wednesday), PM me you email if you want addditional pics and give me your zip code so I could figure out shipping.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Does the smaller windshield deflect a good amount of the wind at highway speeds? I really don't want a windshield (looks-wise) but I feel like I need something when I'm cruising at 65+ mph for any kind of distance.

·
Skankin' Vulcan
64 Posts
Shark, PM sent

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pm sent sorrry worked all day

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for saddlebags...what kind are you looking for? Hard? Soft? Leather? What?
They can be hard our soft. Prefer leather

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
They can be hard our soft. Prefer leather
I've got a set of Kaw F&S Frontier slants (chubby - a little bit wider than the usual Frontiers), brand spanky new, leather, come with leather cleaner. I just haven't gotten around to replacing my Saddleman bags with 'em and would be happy to move them out before we leave town. They're kinda pricey ($350-ish), but I got a good deal on 'em - could sell 'em to you for $200, postage included.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I've got a set of Kaw F&S Frontier slants (chubby - a little bit wider than the usual Frontiers), brand spanky new, leather, come with leather cleaner. I just haven't gotten around to replacing my Saddleman bags with 'em and would be happy to move them out before we leave town. They're kinda pricey ($350-ish), but I got a good deal on 'em - could sell 'em to you for $200, postage included.
got any photos, and would I need supports for that or are they included.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1. Here are my thoughts on the Kaw shield and the PF3. Stock PF3 is great at blocking wind with no helmet buffeting. However, on my ride home on a 90+ degree day, I had the vents open on my Cortech jacket, and for whatever reason, the jacket was sucked into my body. Also, at 5-7, I had to look through the shield, which drove me nuts.

2. Kaw shield, of course, doesn't block the wind nearly as well. However, I can see over it, like the way it looks, and don't get any major helmet buffeting.

I cut the PF3 down. Cracked it in the process, but I think it is still useable. Am about to take if for a test ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts