·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a Protac drivers ackrest for sale

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Do a search on here, there is a fellow member named Harold (I think) that I'm told makes these. You can go to Fast Eddies and get it for $140 delivered. Again I think Harold makes these for FE, so I would try hin first. Love mine!

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you find one on ebay make sure that it has 13" between the support rods. I found out the hard way that not all of them are the same width. I do have an extra set of mounting brackets for the vn750 from protac if you go the ebay route and need the brackets to mount them to the bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been in email contact with Harold. Just thought I would see if someone here had one for sell before I ordered one, maybe save myself a little cash.

·
Registered
483 Posts
i got one great shape 100 shipped that saves you 50 right ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It saves me $40. Does any one know how important it is to have it made for your hieght and weight? I've heard that was important. Do you have pics

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
I think you can hack a bit off the bottom if you want the pad more towards your lower back. I had one for a while, but didn't care for it as it kept me a little too upright, plus I kept bending the support brackets. For long trips, I have found that a backpack packed just-so makes a perfect backrest. A lot of people do like the ProTac backrests, though.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if that would work for me only being 5'8" and 190

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
I can't see where the weight would matter that much, rider height maybe a little. As previous post suggested if you felt the back was to tall you could always take off a bit of the arms that slide into the mounts. Every rider is different so some tweaking may be needed. I want to do a little bending to mine, is ok and I do like it, just need to make it a little more me.

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
I wonder if that would work for me only being 5'8" and 190
Likely as you're shorter.... You can cut a bit off if you need. If you were taller...you couldn't raise it any.

The question is really how you sit....as torso height can vary too...and "rear" padding....lol.
Have him sit on the floor and measure the height from the floor to the top of his shoulders (between his neck and outside of his arm) then compare that to your measurement.

Ask where the pad hits his back too.... Some like it real low and others like it midway up.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Actually you can raise it up a small bit by adding something inside the side mounts, not a lot like maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch, possibly a tad bit more. Just keep in mind if the time comes to shorten the height do it in very small encrements. Old carpenter saying--measure twice and cut once. Is easy to take off, is hard to put back.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MaDeInSin I sent you a PM concerning the backrest

1 - 13 of 13 Posts