Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my first bike and I'd like to get it on the road.

I need:
  • Slide diaphragm --- Found one. Jeeze, these are expensive. Who decided they should be integrated into the slide?
  • Rear turn signal
  • Brake resevoir
  • Low seat
  • Coasters
  • Jets for 500-1500 ft above sea level, with filters on carbs & coasters. 140/142 & 40? I'm not sure on this
I'm new to bikes so I'm not sure what prices would be on these. I can get the jets somewhere online unless someone wants to get rid of some. The rest I'm having trouble finding.

Thanks

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Any suggestion on a low seat? All I'm seeing are skins. Does the 750 share a seat pan with others?

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
I had to replace both of my slide diaphragms. Go to jbmindustries.com. You can get replacement rubbers for about $20 each plus shipping. Instructions are on the website and it's real easy. You will want part number K-67. My advice if you're going this route: replace both of them. I may have the brake reservoir but won't know until later this week.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Already paid $60 for a diaphragm. Maybe I can cancel and get 2 of those kits.

Looks like the brake reservoir isn't leaking like I thought. Just the sight glass. Is there any kind of RTV or epoxy that's immune to brake fluid? Haven't found one yet...

So maybe I'll get off cheaper than I thought and pay for it all by selling this luggage rack, haha

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
fosterfarrier is looking for one. Put up a post in the equipment forum today.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts