1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Why dont you just match the threads at yer local TruValue and even replace with an allen head ?...should be about $0.49 each then. I suppose you should use brass though (mebbe $1.50), but still. No need for a stock replacement.
And check yer local Harley shop...bring the screw with ya,....all CVK drains are the same. Dont tell em its off a Kawi, just tell em "a CVK drain screw"....trust me.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first thought was to hit up the hardware store for one, but once I took it out you can see it's not just a normal screw. The end is tapered so it will fit snug into the opening there. Otherwise I don't think it will close the drain properly.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Either taper one yerself with a file, or just get a shorter one...the taper is just to regulate flow. Most folks who drain, want em to drain fast ainyway, to remove crud and stuff...if you get one as long as where the taper just starts, you'll be fine.

Or like I said...Harley dealer...a lot cheaper than Kawi or aftermarket or shipping.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah good point. There is a Harley dealer right by me at work. I have to hit up the home depot anyway, maybe head there at the same time.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
There ya go brah...dont tell em its fer a Kawi...just say "drain screw for a CVK"...they'll set ya up.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey wolfie...off topic question for you. How long have you been growing your beard and what do you do to keep it tame? I've been growing a wild ass goatee for about 7 months now and I love it, but it gets some crazy wild hairs sometimes.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I can get mine to this length in about a year and a half...as I get older tho, its slowin down, so aint cuttin no more. Used to be down to my nipples in the 80s...... I brush mine out, then just trim the uneven ones with scissors...and I only use Prell to wash it (cleans out the nicotine too)....them other things/poos make it look funky. Some guys get crazy and add all kinds of protein shampoos (mostly fer them contests)....I just do basic, and sometimes give it a dose of hairy clam juice when lucky, lol... ;)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get mine to this length in about a year and a half...as I get older tho, its slowin down, so aint cuttin no more. Used to be down to my nipples in the 80s...... I brush mine out, then just trim the uneven ones with scissors...and I only use Prell to wash it (cleans out the nicotine too)....them other things/poos make it look funky. Some guys get crazy and add all kinds of protein shampoos (mostly fer them contests)....I just do basic, and sometimes give it a dose of hairy clam juice when lucky, lol... ;)
I heard that! I got some pomade stuff to try and tame it but it just ends up feeling kind of gross. It smells like grape though. lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
You may get a kick outta this site :

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

Lil too extreme for me though. Although in the 80's a girl I knew used to braid mine and add lettered beads to spell stuff out. I miss Big Sur. Gotta get back there before Im gone....bucket list....bet all the communes are gone though...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
3 yrs ago...my neighbor, a hairdresser, giving me a trim....lol

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went to the Harley shop and they didn't have a drain screw like ours. I guess it's not a huge deal. The head is stripped but the screw is stuck in so it's not like it's leaking or anything. I guess I'll just hold off for now. I can't see spending $8 on shipping for a $4.57 part. :) I'll keep an eye out in case one pops up somewhere or maybe if I go to the Kawasaki shop I'll ask them about it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate the offer. Since I had to order a new petcock anyway I just went ahead and had grabbed one from Ron Ayers at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts