Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a set of carbto cylinder head boots and clamps. One of mine is cracked and I'm pretty sure thats causing all kinds of issues with my back cylinder misfiring at cruise. Just let me know what you've got, Id like boots in as good a shape as possible. Again I need both boots that go from the carbs to the cylinders, and all 4 clamps for them. Or if you know where I can buy them new feel free to link me.

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I have a set. I'll check tomorrow
Awesome thank you. I can pay money order, western union or paypal. Itll be friday before I have the cash so no rush.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yer talkin the carb to head....right brother ?....

Take em off and clean em in some rubbing alcohil on the outside....then coat em with yer fav sillycone stuff....allow to cure 12 hrs, coat again.....will get ya thru the season anyway.....them cracks are tiny...silicone will seal em for a temp fix....

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yer talkin the carb to head....right brother ?....

Take em off and clean em in some rubbing alcohil on the outside....then coat em with yer fav sillycone stuff....allow to cure 12 hrs, coat again.....will get ya thru the season anyway.....them cracks are tiny...silicone will seal em for a temp fix....
I have a tear in the back one. Its about 4" long and Ive tried sealing several different ways. Im just gonna have to replace it, and I wanna do them both at once, and replace the clamls while its down. And yes its the carb to head boots.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
fer sumpin that big...i can see how sillycone might fail....

Try this.....take the one boot off....pinch where its cracked and clean her out good (acetone/wire brush).......throw in some JB Quick...tape it up with duct tape after ya unpinch....I bet ya $10 it works.....

You ever fix an old style tire tube usin a hot patch ?....ya can try similar on this too...

You best make it to Days.....I got speshul stuff fer you....

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fer sumpin that big...i can see how sillycone might fail....

Try this.....take the one boot off....pinch where its cracked and clean her out good (acetone/wire brush).......throw in some JB Quick...tape it up with duct tape after ya unpinch....I bet ya $10 it works.....

You ever fix an old style tire tube usin a hot patch ?....ya can try similar on this too...

You best make it to Days.....I got speshul stuff fer you....
Oh I'll make it to days if I have to push the damn thing. And from the look of my tires I just might lol.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I could use a set of carb boots myself, actually I only need the boot for the rear cylinder. PM me if you've got one for sale. Spencer

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i got a set of good ones with all four clamps 25 bucks plus the shipping call me if ya want em i take pay pal

there are pics of them in my photobucket link

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
i got a set of good ones with all four clamps 25 bucks plus the shipping call me if ya want em i take pay pal

there are pics of them in my photobucket link
I'll call you later, I know how much you like to sleep in in the mornings!

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Arrangements made with new rider. Thanks everybody.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts