Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get my 2002 inspected (the one I'm selling) and the sidewall on the rear tire has some pretty large cracks in it (on the sidewall) so the mechanic wouldn't inspect it. Just looking for CHEAP, what's the cheapest thing you guys have found lately......I've done some searching and didn't really want to pay $80+ on a new tire.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Went to get my 2002 inspected (the one I'm selling) and the sidewall on the rear tire has some pretty large cracks in it (on the sidewall) so the mechanic wouldn't inspect it. Just looking for CHEAP, what's the cheapest thing you guys have found lately......I've done some searching and didn't really want to pay $80+ on a new tire.
Have you checked at any local cycle shops? I have several near me and they have some used tires available from time to time which they let go of pretty cheap especially if you have them do the mounting, balancing or you are a semi regular making smaller purchases. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
I guess if I was planning to sell it, I would not want to sell it with a crappy tire. I'd get a one of those cheap Chinese tires, $100??, and just add fifty or sixty bucks to whatever I planned on selling the bike for. I could at least then point out "hey it's got a brand new rear tire!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts