Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, a sound I am satisfied with on my bike. Not too loud, not high pitched, a deep growl when you take off.

heres what i did,

1 degoat

2 H-pipe mod

3. at the back of the muffler, there is a round hole the exhaust actually exits from, around it is a metal colar that spaces it to the outer wall. take a 3/8 or similar sized bit, (whatever fits between the inner and outer pipe) and drill a few evenly spaced holes around the face of the ring, making it look like a overgrown lawnmower muffler, a big hole with small holes neatly surrounding it. the more holes, and bigger , the deeper the sound. you can customise your sound by tuning, just drill more holes until you like it, and the right muffler needs more holes than the left, due to longer pipe. this evens out the difference in volume some talk about between the left and right.

How it works, there are really internal mufflers inside the decorative chambers. these holes semi-bypass the internal mufflers, letting you hear the rumble of the chambers directly, rather than the high pitched sound of the small internal muffler.

(sound is very similar to V/H cruisers)

will get a picture up on webpage one of these days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I replaced the rusted stock exhaust system on my vn,it seemed like the collector box was configured to even the length of the 2 pipes.I could be wrong, but might be worth considering.I can't see Kawasaki not providing an equal length exhaust system. [??]
ED Stoodley

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you are correct.
trouble is, how would you do it, you would have one muffler where it is, and the other past the back wheel. or obviously close to it, unless you crossover and do a 2 on one side, like the cruizers.

the h-pipe helps with this and fairly evens things out without going all out on the limb of 2 on one side.

its a comp, but Its still the cheapest alternative to the Vand H system

but if I had the extra money, I would get a V and h, but I have too many other things in the way of that for a long time.

beavis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts