Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
I got three days off once. Came home and ripped the bathroom out. That's all I did for those three days, only slept about four hours. Don't want to do that again. It was awesome when I finally got that shower. :oops:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,892 Posts
I got three days off once. Came home and ripped the bathroom out. That's all I did for those three days, only slept about four hours. Don't want to do that again. It was awesome when I finally got that shower. :oops:
no f-ing way! lol there was no way we were going to go through all that! no way!!! lol
as I was saying....literally, as I was posting that last post, my wife just got a phone call and was on the phone as I was typing, it was a friend informing her, that another mutual friend's brother had just (yesterday) died!

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I hear ya. welcome to my world! the wife and I have been working on our bathroom since March! we plan on working on it every weekend, but life (and death(s)) keep getting in the way of those plans. BLAST! we hit it hard this weekend, but the weather looks just too good to not to take a little spin.

$14 a day, for a motorcycle trailer is cool in my book.
I’ve been in the house for just about 17 yrs, I gutted everything except the bathroom because it appeared to be the only room that was in good shape. But again , 17 yrs have passed and it just looks old now so this week I broke out the Hilti electric jack hammer and went to town on it. Today I poured a new underlayment for the floor and I’ll start resurfacing the walls tomorrow. I hope to have the tile started this week. I have two bathrooms but only one has a shower, so needless to say maintaining the ability for my wife, daughter, and I to keep showering through the renovation is adding complexity.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,892 Posts
I’ve been in the house for just about 17 yrs, I gutted everything except the bathroom because it appeared to be the only room that was in good shape. But again , 17 yrs have passed and it just looks old now so this week I broke out the Hilti electric jack hammer and went to town on it. Today I poured a new underlayment for the floor and I’ll start resurfacing the walls tomorrow. I hope to have the tile started this week. I have two bathrooms but only one has a shower, so needless to say maintaining the ability for my wife, daughter, and I to keep showering through the renovation is adding complexity.
this is our 17th year for owning this home. when we bought the house, the bath was in good shape, but for some years now, we knew it needed a make over. we just didn't have the time or funds to do it. well right around January, things stared to fall apart in there. our hand was kind of forced. but, we did now have the funds and the time, so we thought. lol we also have 2 baths, one full and one half. so using the restroom was not a big deal, but the shower on the other hand, well, that's been interesting. DOH! we've had to go to the in-law's to use their shower once but, not that big of a deal, it's only the wife and I. the kids are all out of the house. yes, that makes the job that much easier. the good news is, there was no need to break out the jackhammer!

I'll say this, it feels good to finally get this thorn out of my side. it's really coming along and the wife is SO happy too!
we've decided that after finishing the floor today, we are going to treat ourselves to some much needed, "wind therapy". I may even let her ride my Scout. then I will get to ride her Octane. OH YEAH!

back to the topic...now you've got me looking into renting trailers. the wife and I would like to take a trip later this year, she wants to trailer the bikes somewhere, since now we have a vehicle that can tow.
the U-Haul is cheap, but they only have trailers for transporting a single motorcycle. which is cool. but we have two motorcycles and I don't fell like riding bitch the whole time! lol

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ha, the Mrs is not into the bike world like I am. She doesn’t even like to drive my truck, if she did I wouldn’t be looking for a trailer in the first place lol. A two bike trailer would be a little more difficult to get a hold of, but at least you have a riding partner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts