Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Would Like to say Hi!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fergy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I Ride a Yamaha FZ1, I just took my pop for a road trip to pick up his Beutiful VN750 that he won on e-bay. I told him I would like to help him with some dress up for it and Offered to get a windscreen (Tinted or smoked) Trouble is I havent found one complete w/ mounting harware. I could use some direction and pictures if posible to help me get a visual on what I am looking at. I can post a picture of his bike for you guys and gals to see. Thanks in advance and I must compement your site here. It is very easy to get around.
Here is a picture of his well pimped out VN. I hope the pic opens.

See less See more
#2 ·
Check in our gallery. I've got a pic of my bike in there with the Kawasaki V-Force windshield. Came with everything necessary to install it. There are others as well...

#3 ·
Nice lookin' ride your dad got there.

The right type of windshield varies with each rider.
Your best to start by checking how high, from the top of the headlight, your dad wants the shield. Most manufacturers will give this dimension in the specs.

Alot of people have them so they are a few inches below the normal field of view.
I have the rather large Plexifairing 3, and I see through it at my normal riding position. But it's not so high I can't see over it if need be.

First thing most people suggest when someone gets a Vulcan,
Check The Final Drive Splines !!!
Good luck with the new ride !!

#4 ·
Yeah, get to it before Fergy gets to you!

Also, have your dad read up on the info in the Vulcan Verses chapter on the main forum page. It'll give him all the knowledge necessary to keep his bike running in top condition.

If he ever has trouble starting the bike when it's warm, have him get the maintenance free battery as mentioned in the Vulcan Verses or the sticky thread at the top of the Electrical section of the main forum.

The main issues with this bike are the regulator/rectifier, stator, battery, and driveshaft splines. Once you know and understand these issues, you'll have minimum problems and maximum pleasure.

Oh, and get a product called Seafoam and put it in your gas from time to time. It's mentioned a lot, and appears to have magical properties (you can use it in all types of vehicles, not just bikes)

#5 ·
Thanks all for the quick responses. I think the shield I have picked out is the "V-Force" I just was wandering if was a 4 point mount or a 2.

#7 ·
Hey Earlzach, welcome! Looks like you need some studded saddlebags to go on that bike! Anyhow, you've come to the right place to talk, learn, and hang out with Vulcan 750 owners. Say hey to your dad for us!:motorcycl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.