Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Never thought of it, but I like it. The first cassette I ever bought was Diver Down, which coincidently was a mostly red cover too. I guess it was meant to be
I wore one of those cassettes out. Should still have the record album, have a new turntable still in the box, I suppose I should get it out and see if it works.

I remember when MTV was new, Hot For Teacher was playing a lot, from the 1984 album.

Van Halen II album logo might be closest to the Vulcan emblem.

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
I wore one of those cassettes out. Should still have the record album, have a new turntable still in the box, I suppose I should get it out and see if it works.

I remember when MTV was new, Hot For Teacher was playing a lot, from the 1984 album.

Van Halen II album logo might be closest to the Vulcan emblem.
Wow, those are the memories! Eddie was partially responsible for inspiring me to pick up a guitar.

Regarding turntables, I found a Zenith Moderne Circle Of Sound turntable setup from (I think) '65/ It was at the Habitat For Humanity thrift store, and I picked up the whole rig for $30.00 Took it home, hooked it up and it played fine. It was in near mint condition, and I really should have kept it. But, I knew it was a good investment, and ended up selling it for $550

I probably could have got more, but hell, $520 turnaround profit in less than two weeks was a good deal to me. This is what it looked like. Familiar to y'all?

Tableware Wood Membranophone Audio equipment Drum

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VH2 logo brings back good memories. My dad let us paint on the concrete walls in our basement so one wall was all band logos and that was one of them. He never had the heart to paint over it so they’re still there 40+ yrs later. If I remember, I’ll take a snapshot next time I go to see my mother.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Wow, those are the memories! Eddie was partially responsible for inspiring me to pick up a guitar.

Regarding turntables, I found a Zenith Moderne Circle Of Sound turntable setup from (I think) '65/ It was at the Habitat For Humanity thrift store, and I picked up the whole rig for $30.00 Took it home, hooked it up and it played fine. It was in near mint condition, and I really should have kept it. But, I knew it was a good investment, and ended up selling it for $550

I probably could have got more, but hell, $520 turnaround profit in less than two weeks was a good deal to me. This is what it looked like. Familiar to y'all?

View attachment 54958
Cool, doesn't look familiar but I've seen those speakers. Zenith used to be everywhere.

Zenith, the quality goes in before the name goes on.

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
Cool, doesn't look familiar but I've seen those speakers. Zenith used to be everywhere.

Zenith, the quality goes in before the name goes on.
HA! Yeah, i had NO idea it would be worth more than, say, $100 when I found it? I knew that turntables were making a comeback, and that "vintage" were fetching good prices. How could I not buy it, right? Still, I realllllly wish I'd kept it. Nothing to be done about it now.

·
Super Moderator
12,378 Posts
yeah, I had a nice belt drive Technics turntable I abandoned when we moved.
Now I’m planning on getting another and hooking it up to my 200w stereo amp in the garage to listen to my record collection, that I began amassing in the late 60’s. Have some very collectible ($$$) albums. 😉

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
yeah, I had a nice belt drive Technics turntable I abandoned when we moved.
Now I’m planning on getting another and hooking it up to my 200w stereo amp in the garage to listen to my record collection, that I began amassing in the late 60’s. Have some very collectible ($$$) albums. 😉
My mother has a "Meet The Beatles" album that's never been removed from the original wrapping. I bet it's worth a fortune!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
7,077 Posts
well, I need one more T-shirt like I need one more hole in my head. lol kind of neat though. I don't know, maybe some wall art or something. No dice on the coffee mug though, same as the T-shirt gig.

WOW! nice turn around on that Zenith.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts