Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got the bike and I could only get it to run with the choke on and if I touched the choke lever or the gas it would die. I took off the tank to remove the old gas thinking that it might have been the problem and found the vacuum line to the petcock had a hole in it, I replaced that. I put the tank back on and put some gas in it and same thing. I took the tank back off and started cleaning the carbs and found both of the diaphragms were stuck. I go those unstuck and I was running the bike without the gas tank on it, I had the petcock vacuum line plugged, and all the rubber connections to the air boxes are removed and it would still only idle and if I touched the gas it would die. I am pouring gas into the fuel lines to test it. I am wondering if the air box connections being off have anything to do with the problem or should I keep cleaning the carbs. As a side note I know who ever had the bike before me did remove the carbs before and might have messed something up, the guy did not seem to bright.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I just got the bike and I could only get it to run with the choke on and if I touched the choke lever or the gas it would die. I took off the tank to remove the old gas thinking that it might have been the problem and found the vacuum line to the petcock had a hole in it, I replaced that. I put the tank back on and put some gas in it and same thing. I took the tank back off and started cleaning the carbs and found both of the diaphragms were stuck. I go those unstuck and I was running the bike without the gas tank on it, I had the petcock vacuum line plugged, and all the rubber connections to the air boxes are removed and it would still only idle and if I touched the gas it would die. I am pouring gas into the fuel lines to test it. I am wondering if the air box connections being off have anything to do with the problem or should I keep cleaning the carbs. As a side note I know who ever had the bike before me did remove the carbs before and might have messed something up, the guy did not seem to bright.

Did you remove the jet covers and clean the jets?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I just spent the last 3 to 4 hours pulling the carbs off and cleaning them. I put them back on. I got it running right now.:D:motorcycl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts