Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Am new to the site and it is very helpfull.
I have a VN 750-A1 which is an 1985. All listings for parts start at an A2 which is an 1986. My question is are these years parts interchangable and to what years can you interchange parts for an 1985 .
Thanks
Seumas

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Welcome Seumas...

I have an 85 as well...are you sure yours is a 750 and not a 700? I thought all 85's were 700s.

Either way, most parts from later year 750 models will fit your 85. The wiring system changed in 91 (not sure the exact year?). Most other items (with the exceptions of the brake fluid resevoir and the brake lever and a couple other minor things) are interchangable for every year.

I have a later model year tank and fenders on my 85 700. I also have later model year chrome side covers. ith the exception of my black engine and wheels, you cannot tell the difference!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info DMAG
I had them run the VIN # and it is a 85 first year built.
It will make it easier finding parts now that I know most years after will fit
Thanks again
Seumas

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Seumas said:
Thanks for the info DMAG
I had them run the VIN # and it is a 85 first year built.
It will make it easier finding parts now that I know most years after will fit
Thanks again
Seumas
You can go to the Kawasaki web site and check for your warrantee and it will tell you what year and model you have (as well as how many years ago the warrantee expired).

http://www.buykawasaki.com/Default.asp?strContentURL=site/VIVehicleInformation/VIChooseVehicle.asp?intCatalogID=2&intParts=1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info on the web site
I have started taking it apart when I get It all back together with new paint and logos will post some pics
Seumas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts