Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im selling a set of my forward controls. Price is $200 shipped, without footpegs (adding footpegs is another $50....that cost will drop when I start making my own this summer)....same as the set thats on my bike, but more refined, since mine are still prototypes. The ones shown have been tested for over 8000 miles and 3 laydowns. No issues.

I need a $75 deposit, Postal MO only....first MO gets my first production set....Serial number 000001 from Wolfworks Custom Cycles....lol
PM only please although comments here are fine...I will judge order by PMs...I know that MANY were interested, so thats why Im doin it this way.
I'll hopefully be in full production this summer. Will check PMs in the morning. I can start making em tomorrow.
Compare prices....most FWD Controls are at least double this price. I guarantee all workmanship and will replace/repair if there are issues...

Also, these act as a crash/engine guard...ask Dirty Doc....he witnessed it...
Im starting these earlier than planned mostly because I want to save a beautiful animal from a shelter (see my post in the Belly)....Im still not at 100% and need to go back under the knife within the next month....but as soon as I get a commitment, I'll delay the surgery until I ship....(its not critical surgery....they just forgot a staple in me, lol)...

I still had the stock pegs on when I took some of these pics...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also note a design change not shown in these pics....the shift lever now pivots on the main shaft, instead of on the plate.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
Yup I witnessed it.Damn naked photo shoot and pbr and whiskey.lol.they're strong and held up well to a crazy canine's crazy field burnout.lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Im amazed at, is about 20+ folks said to "let em know" when I start makin em....not a fookin peep now....wtf ????

I need to sell ONE set so I can get my dog....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll sell em same price as above, but using the dropdown pegs shown in the pic.....so, "with pegs"....screw on pegs may be added later....

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
i was one of the twenty, will they work with my floorboards and crashbar installed? if so ill take a set

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Floorboards yes, crashbar, not sure since they bolt to the same place.....if I had your bike here, I could make adjustments/tweaks to make em work Im sure....pegs might end up a lil wider though due to the bar....

Next time you come up this way, we can figure it out....but my bolt ons wont work unmodified with your setup....

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I know I'm one of the guys who bugged you about making these and I'd love to have a set brother, but I'm flat broke at the moment because some things turned south on me healthwise. I'm looking forward to a set when I sell my 2nd bike though, hopefully sooner than later. :)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
Brother I'm gonna call ya tomorrow on my break.will regular hardly pegs work on em as I have a couple lying around?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Im gonna be making these regularly as soon as the weather turns...so all who want, will receive....this ONE set, Im just making against all's wishes, before Im healed 100%, because I really want this dog....

As of this writing, one set reserved to Goofin in PA....for all you others, gimme a month and I'll be crankin em out....

And Harley footpegs is what I designed it for since there are so many different aftermarket ones....one just needs to get the female receiver for em, like these....thats why with pegs I gotta charge $50 more....I believe Drag Specialties sells the receivers...right now, Im runnin the pegs the Dawg gimme, and I just needed to get the 2 female ends...

At worst, you can run 2 stock Kawi passenger pegs reversed....I did that for awhile, as in the pics...they drop a lil though from the main axis and tend to loosen after a few hunderd...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Goofin had a delay due to a drivetrain problem on his truck....so Im sellin the set I have....its $100 deposit and theyre complete, then $100 when you get delivery.....$200 total....without pegs....for another $50 I can add Harley style pegs or you can get other pegs yerself thru Ebay....its a Harley mount...many available....

First one that sends me $100 in a postal money order gets em within 7 days.....

Dont worry Dave, I got yours brother...But right now I got $30 to last me until the 1st, so I need cash bad....but yer next then....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot to mention...you can leave your stock pegs on....I eventually took mine off after I got used to the FWDs....took me a week btw...

....and "You Can Leave Your Hat On".....Joe MuthaFookin Cocker !!!! (and Kim B)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b04jq7NB1s

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wolfie - sorry I haven't been on here in a while... too much "life" getting in the way (family, vehicles, etc....). I sold my vulcan and bought a sportster late last year so I'm not in the market anymore. I would surely be ordering a set otherwise.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
wolfie...sent ya a pm

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got it Goofin....and Davidfite....I can get ya a used set for a Sporty cheap...if ya need em...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks wolfie... I got a set on right now, but I would be interested in a black set, or in an extended forward control set.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
....check yer PMs David...some info there....if ya call Ed direct, tell em Wolfie from Greenwood Lake sent ya....he'll do ya right....

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ Hooker! Where were these when I had my VN750 ya late-to-the-party bastard! 200 beans for custom bolt-on forward controls - figures. That's not "about half" Wolfie, that's less than half!!! AND they're guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooker.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
^ Hooker! Where were these when I had my VN750 ya late-to-the-party bastard! 200 beans for custom bolt-on forward controls - figures. That's not "about half" Wolfie, that's less than half!!! AND they're guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooker.
Gee looks like ya need to get another vn Mikey ole boy.lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts