1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bike has Kawi made to replace it? I think it's the sharpest looking
mid-sized cruiser out there. I have had a Kawi jet ski in the past and was
very pleased with its quality. I need had a breakdown in the 12 yrs I owned
it. I just used it in the summer, that's true. So, not that much use. But still,
it would always start right up for me and I never had any problems with it.

I'm thinking of a new bike. That's why I be asking! I see the local dealer,
here in Jerksonville, FL, put Hondas & Yamahas on sale. But I don't see ads
for deals on Kawi bikes. Maybe I need to travel a little, to find a good deal.
I could do that if I need to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What bike has Kawi made to replace it?
Kawi hasn't made anything to replace it cuz the 750 is old school styling. (I like it but it's an old style based on the Sportster)
The 750 was the last bike with that "look" the others were the Suzuki Intruder, Yamaha Virago and old Honda Shadows from then 80's

The cruiser that catches my eye now is the Yamaha RAIDER......nice looking custom and FAST!!!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Yep, even Honda has dropped that style, the 750 Shadow is only equal is CCs, the rest is ughh Hardley geezer style...lol...
The 80s model Shadow, yes it was that style, but the newer ones are not for me...
I bought a new 84 or 85? 700 (750 later) Shadow... I'll post a picture, see below, a lot like the Kaw. VN750...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Here is my not sure 84 or 85? 700 Shadow...

·
Registered
72 Posts
All the printing in the pic came out backwards!! :p

Cool bikes those old 750 Shadows.......that's the bike that got me interested in the VN750!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
All the printing in the pic came out backwards!! :p

Cool bikes those old 750 Shadows.......that's the bike that got me interested in the VN750!
It was a copy from a slide that must have been in backwards, not back when pictures were backwards, but you can turn it over if you want to...lol...

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
One of these is designed for maximum performance on ultratwisty roads. The other one is just some bike. Which is which?

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Sadly, there is no true replacement bike for the VN750, especially from Kawi.

If you want a mid-sized sport cruiser, brand new, you're pretty much out of luck.

With the demise of the VN750 and other bikes like the Honda Magna, the mid-sized sport cruiser market is pretty much gone.

Most other cruisers now being produced, regardless of size or price, simply can't compete with the VN750 for its standard features and overall performance.

In short, that's what makes the VN750 such a special bike.

The major mftrs have, for the time being at least, decided that virtually everybody in the cruiser market now basically wants either a Harley copycat or a "factory custom" (e.g., Honda Fury, Yamaha Raider, etc).

Because of all this, I would suggest that...if you really like the VN750....that you shop around for one....using Craigslist, Ebay, etc....good, clean, late model examples are still not hard to find....especially in the current market and with cold weather basically already here (as of this writing, anyway) in parts of the US.

After you buy one, take really, really good care of it. Use your VN750 repair manual(s) and the info/resources in this forum to help you do this.

It may be quite a while before another machine comes along that's truly anything like our bike.....:(

Back in late summer of '06, I bought mine off of Ebay.....interestingly, my bike was originally sold from a dealer in Jerksonville, FL....:beerchug:

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
One of these is designed for maximum performance on ultratwisty roads. The other one is just some bike. Which is which?

Everyone I know that has one says the 'busa is terrible on a twisty road. Heavy and cumbersome but a blast on the straight roads.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Actually neither one of those bikes are designed for twisty roads.
The "Busa" is too long and heavy for twisty roads, it's a drag bike.
And the Vulcan is a cruiser.....both nice bikes though!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Actually neither one of those bikes are designed for twisty roads.
As a fairly new member, you probably haven't seen the riding videos EQPlayer has posted here. He probably has a different opinion.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
As a fairly new member, you probably haven't seen the riding videos EQPlayer has posted here. He probably has a different opinion.
Very. Straight roads are an abomination. The VN750 doesn't come alive until the road gets twisty, bumpy, rough, and oh-so-ultragoaty. I think I'll go for a ride right now. :motorcycl

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Very. Straight roads are an abomination. The VN750 doesn't come alive until the road gets twisty, bumpy, rough, and oh-so-ultragoaty. I think I'll go for a ride right now. :motorcycl
EQ-knows the good rides out there, makes me want to make the trip, however the rough & bumpy I really don't care for, I kinda like'em like this...

But then you can't take pictures on a good road, too hard to stop or either find a place to stop...lol...
That one was took on a solo ride I did this Sept. or Oct., it was on the so called "Devils Triangle"

I went in on the Cinchmore side, and came out by Petros, there next to Brushy Mountain prison...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Interesting. I bought the Vulcan because I didn't fit on the Shadow or the Sportster. I probably still look like a gorilla on a unicycle when riding the Vulcan.

-Robert

The replacement for the Vulcan 750 is of course the Honda Shadow 750....

Kawasaki only makes a 900 now in the V twin config.

KM

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not saying EQ doesn't ride hard......I'm saying neither of those bikes are very good twisty bikes.
If EQ was on a ZX10 for instance and rode through a set of twisties and then got on the Busa and or Vulcan and rode the same set I'd guarantee you he'd be much faster on the ZX10.
The ZX10 is much lighter, has a shorter wheelbase stops faster and is MADE for the twisties AND the track......the Busa and Vulcan arn't.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I probably still look like a gorilla on a unicycle when riding the Vulcan.-Robert
Robert, who cares what we look like, its the ride that counts, its like me being ugly, thats other peoples problem, I don't have to look at myself...lol...

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
You mean you don't even look in the mirror? LOL
I know better than that, thats why I shave with an electric razor mostly...lol...
One thing I've learned is, you don't get better lookin with age...
PS-I even wear a fullface helmet so I can look in my mirrors when I ride...

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I know better than that, thats why I shave with an electric razor mostly...lol...
One thing I've learned is, you don't get better lookin with age...
Well, now, some people do. I'm not saying that for myself, but there are those who do look much better older than they did when young.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts