Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am hoping that someone here can guide me a bit. I have new rear turn signals that I got from North Jersery customs, an awesome bike shop in Denville NJ for those in the area. They are drag specialties bullet lights and I want to mount them to the fender but here are my issues.
I have swapped out the seat for a 900 seat and taken off the sissy bars, in thier place I am putting a saddlebag mount for bags I got off of Jafrum(sp?) so to make room I need to place the TS further back. I was going to mount them directly onto the fender, the stalk of them grounds the lights and then one wire runs from them.
Problem is the wire isnt long enough to reach the connections from the electical system.
Can I use whatever gauge wire (16 I think) and just make an extension with male and female leads on the ends? and then run the one wire (the hot I assume to the system without the grounding wire plugged in? Please advise and if anyone knows the gauge wire I should use or any other tricks I would be grateful. thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
You can certainly extend the existing wires by splicing in additional wire to reach the new location. Use 18AWG, that's plenty for the task.

Not sure about your ground wire question. The indicators should be a two wire lead and the factory lead are also two wire, so not sure about your question.

If on the other hand the "drag specialties bullet lights" are a single wire, then the case of the light has to be metal and it in turn has to either mount on a grounded metal surface, or make sure your factory extended ground makes a solid electrical connection to the bullet light.

I hope this helps.

Jon

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hery ?

I put used Yammy signals on mine from the local salvage yard. They had only one wire, unlike the Vulcan. I just hooked to the hot and made sure the mount was grounded. All works fine. No Idea what the 3rd Vulc wire is for, but for your aftermarkets you can run the hot and ground. Signals and flashers will both work. Or just the hot if the mount is metal to metal.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
No Idea what the 3rd Vulc wire is for,
The fronts are running lights and indicators, use dual filament bulbs, therefore 3 wires.

Jon

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well...

I thank you Sir !...I learn something new here almost each time I log on.:smiley_th

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thank you guys so much for the help, going to tackle this project today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts