Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Yuasa MF battery a while back and am very happy with it.
Now a new problem is happening!
Sometimes when I go to start the bike, the battery acts like it is dead. The solenoid makes a clicking sound. Today I noticed that when this happens the two turn signal lights on the dash will come on but very dim while I press the starter button!
I checked the voltage of the battery and it is 13 volts.
I am not the greatest with electrical problems so any help would be fine.:doh:
Sounds like to me that there is a problem with the wire harness, but where would I start??

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Check the connectors on the battery. That would happen to me every once in a while but if I played with the battery terminals it fixed it. I finally completely took them off and reseated them with dielectric grease, and it fixed it.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad battery ground or a bad solenoid ground. The negative battery post grounds to the frame but also check the ground from the battery box to the engine.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad battery ground or a bad solenoid ground. The negative battery post grounds to the frame but also check the ground from the battery box to the engine.
x2 !

Battery ground connections ! Clean all ! ...Use die-electric compound (grease).

Your engine has rubber engine mounts, Your starter battery's ground is on the bottom of your engine.

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, once again thanks for all your help!
The culprit was the battery ground to the frame.

I think that it was loose when I got the bike cause this puppy never has started so easy.

Thanks again..............you guys are always the best!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts