Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought an LED tail/brake/liscense plate light but I'm not sure how to connect it. I have been trying it and all I can get to work is the brake light. Any ideas on how the wiring connects? The new light has a 1 black, 1 red, and 1 yellow wire.
On a lighter note, after sitting for over 3 months the new battery fired her right up and she purrs like a kitten.

Thanks again everyone, Randy

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I can tell you this. In the wiring connector for the stock brake light there are 5 (maybe 6)wires, but only three colors. That's because there are 2 sockets in the tail light.

The Blue wires are the brake lights, the red wires are the running lights, and the black/yellow are the ground.

You should simply make the appropriate connections from your LED brake/taillight.
My Guess (but could def be wrong)
Red running light, black is ground, yellow is brake light.

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kid, also I was wondering if the tail light should be grounded to the frame. It isnt right now.

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I thought but just wanted to make sure. I know the original tail light was bolted to the fender, but the new one is mounted on the box on the sissy bar.
Thanks for your help.

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I know everyone has a brain fart once in a while, guess I had mine yesterday. I spent over an hour trying to get that tail light to work, tried it again this morning and still nothing. Standing there having a smoke and the little bell in my head went off, CHECK THE FUSE DUMBASS. Sure enough, the fuse was blown, and there was even a spare in the holder.
After lunch it's gonna be time to finish the wiring and run her down the road.
Many thanks again to KidChaos for all of the help.

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it's amazing how that happens sometimes. Rode her about 5 miles today and everything seems to be working like it should. Sure feels good to be up and running again. Thanks again Kid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts