Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So I was doing a cooling flush the other day and noticed that I have never heard or seen the cooling fan kick on on the bike before. So I let it idle for a while and shut it off when the temp gauge got about half way, then i strater digging into why the fan wasnt coming on. Found out it was the junction box along with that i noticed that the PO let a battery explode in the bike and let it sit sooo I'm going to replace the junction box which i have found for $100 bucks. "I would rather just replace the relays but the box is ate up by battery acid along with the pins on electrical terminal".... So I still am looking for a replacement connector for the 10 pin outlet of the wiring harness.... and a 6 pin connector for th R/R.. if anyone knows where to find one online that would be awesome and local stores would be even better. Thanks for the help.
:motorcycl

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Some junction boxes on ebay are $20 and under, and I see harnesses etc., I saw one in the past couple of days.

My fan quit and I had to squeeze the spade connector at the plug so it fit tight in the junction box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was wanting to just replace the actual connectors but I think i might have to buy the entire harness off of ebay. I see all the Junction boxes on ebay but with the problem of the relays being so common I'm a little worried about getting a used one then being back in the same predicament in a month or two.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
If you want, I will make you an offer for a known working Junction box.

I keep a spare one around for members who need a replacement in a pinch.
I can send you the working JB.

You send me a clean one from Ebay (buy a used one cheap) and I will replace any bad relays in the one you give me, and i will keep that as the "exchange core".
All I ask for is the shipping cost and and the cost of the relays I have to replace. usually around $20 total.

If you are interested, let me know through PM.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yeah I was wanting to just replace the actual connectors but I think i might have to buy the entire harness off of ebay. I see all the Junction boxes on ebay but with the problem of the relays being so common I'm a little worried about getting a used one then being back in the same predicament in a month or two.

Thanks for the help
http://www.electrosport.com/accessories/connectors-and-wiring/6-pin-old-style-connector-set-1-4.html

This is the connector for the R/R, but you might be able to brows through what they have and find ones that work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts