Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winter Ridding Suit

With temperatures around 40 degrees this morning I got a chance to try out the one piece winter ridding suit DeAnna got me for Christmas. It was a little bulky at first but after a while I got used to it. As far as keeping warm it definitely does the trick. It was set up so I could put it on with my ridding boots on and everything zipped up perfectly. The way the forecast looks I may be using it a few more times. I recommend it highly. Anyone interested here is the link.:motorcycl

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=11907&department=114&division=1

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's the one I have. I like it a lot as well. I'm not thrilled with the removable liner pants though, they could use more secure attachment...more button locations or velcro would be an improvement.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
That looks super! I've decided to wear my quilted Dickies worksuit ($55 during the holiday sales!) when it's cold - not very stylin', but it's soooooo much warmer than all of my other cold-weather gear. Biggest problem, still, is finding gloves that'll keep my mitts warm...Artybolt, did she ya gloves, too? Or, do you have any suggestions?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
One thing that can help keep your hands warm is to buy or make some type of hand guards that'll atleast stop the wind from chilling your mitts too much.

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
One thing that can help keep your hands warm is to buy or make some type of hand guards that'll atleast stop the wind from chilling your mitts too much.

I agree, I put a set of V-Strom "knuckle guards" on my FJR and my hands are at least 50% warmer, Even in 30 degree temps I can wear lightweight gloves.
(some photos here:
http://tinyurl.com/2cmbp8

The other choices are electric gloves , or heated grips. I would hazard to say heated grips with some type of hand guard would keep your hands very comfy even in 20 degree weather. (not so sure about the rest of ya though...lol)

Anyway, I looked at the suit , for the money it's pretty nice. If I ever get one I'll likely go with one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/64zx3

I have several nice jackets, so more than likely I will just find some decent pants to go with them.

KM

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I agree, I put a set of V-Strom "knuckle guards" on my FJR and my hands are at least 50% warmer, Even in 30 degree temps I can wear lightweight gloves.
(some photos here:
http://tinyurl.com/2cmbp8
KM
Those ones are similar to ones you can get for dirtbikes (which is the only time I've used handguards)
Alot of the less expensive dirtbike ones only have a single mounting point right near the lever, so if you'd mount them with a wingnut, you could easily remove them when thery're not needed. Plus they come on a wide variety of colors.

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
Those ones are similar to ones you can get for dirtbikes (which is the only time I've used handguards)
Alot of the less expensive dirtbike ones only have a single mounting point right near the lever, so if you'd mount them with a wingnut, you could easily remove them when thery're not needed. Plus they come on a wide variety of colors.

Mine remove with one bolt. The MX ones are good for debris but do not "wrap around" as much, and not sure if they would not cause a vibration problem at triple digit speeds. The V-Strom ones are not very expensive ($32.00) and work well. Some of the MX ones are kinda flimsy, unless you buy a bar/brace that requires more than one mounting point. (the bar ends on mine can snap in, you don't have to remove any bolts)

I'd like to see some on a Vulcan though.
KM

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
The V-Strom guards look nice! I have to admit that last year, I bought some "mitts" for my grips - they look like half a version of those puffy furry handwarmer things that women used to use in the 50s (and probably still do in, maybe, Russia). In addition to looking like my bike grew fur for the winter, they don't work too well - there's a leak somewhere where it fastens to the bar, and eventually my hands get numb-cold anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts