Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Wingerline Bars last week for my bike, after seeing them on here. They came in several days ago, and tonight I opened the box and unpacked them. I looked for instructions, but none were included.

To make sure they'd fit I measured the spaces from the bolt holes, and then checked it against the bolt locations on my bike and found they are off by about a centimeter each on the bottom mounts.

I went back in the house and started looking at the bars, and I think I was sent used ones! The center of the guard on the bottom has flat spots, and isn't round like the tubing on the rest of the guard. The chrome is scratched in places, and there is pitting on the bottom.

The plastic bag the guard was wrapped in had been torn when I pulled it out, and I figured it was from the guard rubbing against the bag in transit as the guard was not securely immobile in the box as it moved around inside before I opened it.

I have e-mailed Accessories International, but I have some questions.

1. Are the bolt holes supposed to be off by that much? My wife is an engineer, and doesn't think so.

2. Has anyone gotten a guard or parts from Accessories International that appeared to have been used or a return from a previous customer?

The reason I ask is that the Accessories International policy says that you must return items in the original packaging SUITABLE FOR RESALE. This in itself makes me question whether or not the guard was previously bought, then someone tried to mount it, couldn't, and then returned it.

I really like the guard in general, but didn't expect to get one that looks used when I paid for new... and I didn't expect the bolt holes would be off by so much.

HELP!

Stephen

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Several people have reported problems with the quality and fit of the Wingerline bars. I think one former VN750 owner went through three before he finally "settled" on one.

BTW.. noticed your location.. are you a member of the VROC-AR group yet?
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Vroc-ar/
We are closing in on close to 100 members so far *S* I live in Conway and work in LR

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mr. Bun,

You can view my pics (which have notes on how to install) in my yahoo pics:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dgcam55/album?.dir=c203&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I dont know why they can't include something as simple as a sheet w/instructions on it. But, I found that getting the last bolt to line up was alittle challenge, but if you follow the instructions in my pic, it should help you. You shouldn't have to bend anything to get them on - but you will have to loosen a few things.

As for the quality, mine arrived fine w/o any scratches.
If they are that bad, you might want to consider returning them for another set. I just recieved and put mine on this past August.

Check out my pics for the install instructions and if you still have questions feel free to drop me a note, I will try to assist.
Dominic

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dianna: Wow, no. I didn't know about it, I'll have to check that out. My wife used to ride a Ninja 250 before she upgraded to a Buell XB9R this year.. She was pressing our dealer about the dealer supported club but they hadn't gotten it setup yet when I got my bike this year.

I ride to work pretty much most days of the week. Last year I got alot of queries during the winter as I rode to work. I tended to wear my winter jacket, turtlefur, helmet, and snowmobile gloves with boots.. and just my work slacks. On the colder days I'd wear thermals under them.

Beginning in January we were getting ready for a ski trip, and I got some skibibs. While I wasn't good at skiing, the skibibs have been invaluable for winter riding. I've worn them three of the days this week, and people look at me like I'm nuts for riding in 30 degree and below weather.

Dominic:
The bottom of the bars is pretty bad.. It is flattened around in places.. It's almost like the bottom of the bar was deformed before the manufacturer sent it off for chroming because the chrome there is fine. The scratches are not deep, but the fact that the holes were not drilled on center for the two bottom brackets is annoying as I would have to redrill them myself to get them to work.

Hopefully Accessories International will respond to my e-mail and get me an RMA number so I can exchange it. I really want these style bars on my bike, just not the ones I was sent! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts