Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Keep watching, I think Shark just had a luggage rack, Pro-Tac backrest are readily available, wingerline highway bars are scarce. F&S engine guards & extended pass back rest do pop up.

If it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it!!!

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
You just missed a luggage rack sold on Ebay for $35. But don't worry, it may show up here for $100 tomorrow.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
But only cause of the tool box?
no, the tool box makes a weird shape...

Most Lugggage racks mount to the fender and shock mounting bolts, the seat rails are the actual issue. I could never get a good mounting point to keep the rack angled right... here is the best pic I have of a GL1000 rack mounted wich was the best fit I have found so far

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
as soon as I set my sledge down onto the rack it would slip... and the hammer would fall off. i could probably section the rack about 2" so the side bars would line up with the back rest

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Couldnt ya just cut then reweld it for a better angle ?....or weld 2 tabs to the rack and mount to the sissy instead of the fender....

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Wolfie, If you look, you can see where I already chopped it down and rewelded trying to get a better angle...it needs something welded at the back that then bends, twists, and doesa loopty do to get under the seat. I have this project on the back burner because....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I can see it bein an issue on yours, since ya cut the back of the frame off...I dry fitted some tubing into the stock rear of the frame...looked like it would work....then from the rear of the rack, arms to the rear fender bolt....yeah, with yours would be tough....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts