Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jimkost sent me a message about my windshield back in November and unfortunately I just noticed I had any messages. Here's my response for anyone curious about the PlexifairingIII ... Sorry I didn't get back to you. Just saw your comment. As for the fairing slowing me down...I'm not a speed demom. 75 is as fast as I want to go but Hubby has had it over 100 with no problems. My gas mileage is never under 45 mpg city or strong headwind driving. Normal is 50-55 mpg . When we get to ride at higher than the sea level altitudes mileage and performance improve. I've seen 60 mpg several times! My bike is completely stock except the baffles have been punched and the heavy duty springs in the ACCTs. No marbling, ear shaves and no rejetting. It pops a little on decel but that's ok. It let's folks know I'm around! lol I tried a smaller windshield but didn't like it.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think I answered my own question. Further into the link I referenced, it says they don't have the parts to fit the VN750. (DOH!!!)

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I loved the PFIII on my 750. Put one on my wife's Honda Shadow VLX 600 when she had it as well.

·
Dave
95 Posts
I just put a National Plexistar 2 on mine and it seems to fit well. Got it off ebay. It does not shake but I've only had it up to about 70mph. It didn't move a bit. I had an OEM tinted Vulcan windshield on it for the summer (in my avatar pic) and that was fine but as it gets colder here I'm hoping to get a few more rides in before I put it in the basement for the winter.

I'm only 5'7" and I can't see over it. They suggest cutting it down in the instructions if you can't in case you are in rain or lots of bugs. I don't ride when they are calling for rain (wimp) and I can carry plexi cleaner for bug attacks. Not too many bugs this time of year as it gets colder. Probably put the OEM shield back on in spring BUT as I get older I sure like the wind deflected some. Hey, I was told a long time ago you can put a windshield on your bike after you turn 40 and people can't laugh at you.

I'm 16 years into that theory............

Dave

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
They suggest cutting it down in the instructions if you can't in case you are in rain or lots of bugs.
I've done a lot of riding in the rain, and I would much rather have a shield that I can't see over. My current one is about 3" too short for me. I never have problems seeing through the shield - even in the dark. I'd rather keep it off my face and not have to crouch to keep it off me.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I just put a National Plexistar 2 on mine and it seems to fit well. Got it off ebay. It does not shake but I've only had it up to about 70mph. It didn't move a bit. I had an OEM tinted Vulcan windshield on it for the summer (in my avatar pic) and that was fine but as it gets colder here I'm hoping to get a few more rides in before I put it in the basement for the winter.

I'm only 5'7" and I can't see over it. They suggest cutting it down in the instructions if you can't in case you are in rain or lots of bugs. I don't ride when they are calling for rain (wimp) and I can carry plexi cleaner for bug attacks. Not too many bugs this time of year as it gets colder. Probably put the OEM shield back on in spring BUT as I get older I sure like the wind deflected some. Hey, I was told a long time ago you can put a windshield on your bike after you turn 40 and people can't laugh at you.

I'm 16 years into that theory............

Dave
Comanche, here is a link to an earlier thread on cutting down your own windshield, if you are so inclined.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15494

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to replace my windshield. About half the supports for mine broke over the summer. :(

Being the ignorant lout I am...can someone tell me which one this is, and where I can get a replacement? Or at least replacement hardware for it?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to replace my windshield. About half the supports for mine broke over the summer. :(

Being the ignorant lout I am...can someone tell me which one this is, and where I can get a replacement? Or at least replacement hardware for it?

That looks like a National Cycle PFII. They still sell 'em. I think you can get just the support kits, too. I don't know if National Cycle sells just the kits, but I've seen them online.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
BTW, Asbrand, there's only 4 supports for that windshield. There are two L-type that attach to the forks, and two that extend off the handlebars. You might even be able to fabricate the lower ones. I'd check around before buying a whole new windshield.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Have you touched base with lance to see if he can fix it? Might be cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts