1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
This is a similar faring (it may be the same one) I use on my GL500: very nice coverage for a 'sporty' faring. I added the LED turn signals.

On my VN, the Maier bug shield is more than enough to block said breeze. If you're more than 5-8, you can buy taller versions.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I have the PFIII on mine.

Here's a pic of my bike with it on:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I an 5'10 I want to look over out. That seems tall

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I an 5'10 I want to look over out. That seems tall
I'm a little over 5'8", and so shaved almost 2 inches off my PF III. I easily look over the top of it. It's s a great shield. I just returned from a 1,500-mile ride to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and it saved me from zillions of bugs! And, throughout the year, in the rain and the cold, it provides excellent coverage.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought the SS-28 from this same EBay posting. I have not put it on the bike yet, but I am looking forward to a sporty style windshield after summer is out (HOT in Alabama).

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've got a ps 2 (currently off) and I like the extra coverage for the hands. Especially on the days I ride and it's in the 30's.

With the temps like they are now, that may not happen again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a little over 5'8", and so shaved almost 2 inches off my PF III. I easily look over the top of it. It's s a great shield. I just returned from a 1,500-mile ride to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and it saved me from zillions of bugs! And, throughout the year, in the rain and the cold, it provides excellent coverage.

I like the shield but I am nervous about trying to cut it down

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades Malibu. It's perfect for me. I'm 5'10" & I can see over the top & it has great hand protection. The only down side is there is no "Lowers" to it. I added some.

P.S. It comes clear. I painted mine.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
cutting the windshield

I have had 2 PF3 windshields. Both times I had a motorcycle mechanic do the cutting for me. Both times they did excellent work - when they were done, it looked like the shield came that way from the factory. (One guy charged me $35; can't remember if the other guy even charged me.)

If you want to do it yourself with a dremel, there are threads on this site to give you the proper guidance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the Memphis Shades Malibu. It's perfect for me. I'm 5'10" & I can see over the top & it has great hand protection. The only down side is there is no "Lowers" to it. I added some.

P.S. It comes clear. I painted mine.

This is exactly what I want. Looks awesome... So.... How much dio you want to paint one for me?

How much does that screen cost

·
Registered
57 Posts
I installed a PS II a few weeks ago and cut 1.5" off the top. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to cut it. (this was after carefully researching on this wonderful site).
First I covered the top 3 inches of both sides with blue masking tape, then drew a cut line 1.5" from the top, following the same general curve. Then with a handheld electric jigsaw and a very fine blade, carefully and slowly cut the top off. I left the windshield on the bike, covering it with a large sheet. I was standing over the front tire while my son sat on the bike and tightly held the windshield. Afterwards, I used a sanding block to smooth the edges.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
This is exactly what I want. Looks awesome... So.... How much dio you want to paint one for me?

How much does that screen cost
Check out this link to Memphis Shades They have a black fade that wouldn't require any painting. The cost on average runs $180 but I got a deal on mine off ebay. If you shop it there be sure it comes with hardware. Alot of ebay sales are for replacement shields.

As far a painting it for you. I certainly could but I would think a local shop would be less expensive by the time you ship it here & ship it back. Not to mention the cost of the paint. Check with a shop, you might be suprised.

But, depending on your color selection you could easily have $150 in the minimal paint supplies. When I painted mine I did the whole bike making it more cost effective.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also have the PF2 on mine. I recently lowered the headlight and it now sits perfect for me without cutting it down. On my previous bike (02 shadow sabre) I used the same shield and cut 2 inches off for that bike. The cutting was a snap after reading posts on how-to. Dremel with shile wrapped in duct tape, then grinder to smooth it down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love that one too but I felt it was too short bat 15 inches but maybe it will do the job..I love the look of it.Today I put on a natl.Cycle dakota shield that is 18 tall and I love it my bike is more areodynamic now and cruises so nice at high speed...If you put that one on ebay on let me know how it is,i am 5 foot 9 and with an 18 inch i am looking through it but do not mind17 would have been perfect but maybe less coverage and I like what I have but love that fairing look of the one on ebay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts