Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay so i'm looking for a small clear windshield for my 750. I don't want anything taller than the mirrors, hopefully shorter, and not wider than the parts of the handlebars that go up, ya know just a little wider than headlight. Having a horrid time finding anything, as anything that 'fits' my bike from a website is either huge, or tinted.

Or if anybody could give me tips on trimming them that'd be great cus well personaly i cant stand wind shields on bikes, i think they rarely look good, so I want the smallest most un noticable shield that might give me protection from wind. Frankly i don't even notice it now i just want to see if there is a diffrence but personaly they just don't do it for me.

I mean no disrespect to those that do enjoy shields, i know they are a styling point and there are some that look nice, but personaly they don't do anything for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try National Cycle. They may have what you want. Don't know what the sheilds are made from. But if it is lexan, than you can trim it down with out it cracking.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Not sure why you want a sheild at all after reading your post. To me there are two groups of owners..ones that want their bike to LOOK good, with comfort being secondary.., And those that want their bike to be comfortable most of all, with looks secondary. If you have an "image" of what you want your bike to look like , and a shield does not fit that image, then why have one.
To me, I put some long distance on my bike, so comfort is more important than looks. You can strike some comprimises, but you are either one camp or the other.
I myself really liked the look of the gradiant tint Memphis Shades Hellcat I has on my Vulcan it's first year. (see photo in "Bike Pics" in at my yahoo site below)

KM

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fer the replies and heh yeah a bug defelctor is about all i want after getting a bee stuck in my visor. =)

Knife, sorry if i didnt say it clear but i like the small like sport styile farings/windwhields/flyscreens moreso than the big touring shields. Also i don't have my leathers perforated so any wind i can get is a godsend. ;)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts

The winshield comes with 2 mounting rods that are angled. I cut the angled part off which made them straight. Attached the clamps to the handlebars, and it mounts easily. I can remove it in less then a minute.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
That looks pretty good!
I wasn't sure how it'd fit over the gauges. Seems to fit just fine.
Thanks for the pics :smiley_th

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm don't see the pics up here but i think i saw a good look on your profile pic. Doesnt look too bad, I've got more options now, Thanks a bunch ya'll! =D

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I had to copy the address from the properties to see them.

I tried re-posting them, and it still didn't work. Must be an issue with the Kodak Gallery, so you'll have to do the same thing.
Copy the addy and paste it to your address bar, then hit enter. Click the back button to return here (then the pics will show up in the above posts)

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1953/1/82/31/94/6/5/506943182107_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1953/1/82/31/69/69/4/469693182107_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1953/1/82/41/92/54/2/254924182107_0_ALB.jpg

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice looking bug deflector, how well does it work. Does it reduce wind at speed? Does it deflect big ol' june bugs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts