Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to determine what size of windshield I should purchase for my 1996 VN 750.

I'm just 5'8" and I've read that one should be able to look over the glass.

I await your advise!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I found the best way to find out is to go to a local shop/dealer and have them take one of the Memphis fats test shields that have the markings on it and find the best size for your liking.

I did and found a 15 - 17" shield is tall enough and it depends on how wide you want it too. If not wide enough you'll get hit from the sides with air.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
What's up NLrider? Take a look at my avatar, at the shield I have on mine. I'm 5' 8" as well and I think this shield is perfect. Here's why: it's not too big that takes up the entire front of the bike (after all we are outside, there should be SOME wind) but I've riddin' with it off too and there's a HUGE difference! I can see over this shield and when the wind comes up over it, it passes just over the visor so air flows into the "forehead" helmet vents. If its a little chilly, simply closing the helmet vents works but in the Summer I'm VERY glad the wind enters the open vents. I actually have an extra shield the exact same size as the one on my bike now. Where you at?

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I had a small "sport shield" on mine, about 15" tall. just wanted one on there to keep the majority of the wind off my chest. I had no problem looking over it at 6' 0" but never had the opportunity to try it in the rain. Now I know I won't have the chance for a while seeing as it's not on the road, the season is over, and kids knocked the bike over and shattered it. I should have a new one on next riding season.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
I had a small "sport shield" on mine, about 15" tall. just wanted one on there to keep the majority of the wind off my chest. I had no problem looking over it at 6' 0" but never had the opportunity to try it in the rain. Now I know I won't have the chance for a while seeing as it's not on the road, the season is over, and kids knocked the bike over and shattered it. I should have a new one on next riding season.
Damn dude, sorry about your luck. At least bike shoppins fun. You'll be back on 2 wheelz before you know it...

:motorcycl

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
I'm attempting to determine what size of windshield I should purchase for my 1996 VN 750.

I'm just 5'8" and I've read that one should be able to look over the glass.

I await your advise!
Another windshield height thread...oy...see here:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8464

I think for this time of year, the bigger the better, you can always cut one down height wise if it is a bit too big, but you can't make one thats too small bigger.

KM

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I agree with KM it depends on the season. I just installed a plexistar 2 windshield and went for a ride after dark. The temp. here is 53 degrees and all I was wearing was a t-shirt, leather jacket, jeans, tennis shoes, and fingerless gloves. The plexistar 2 is awesome I did not even get a chill, my bare fingers were protected by the built-in hand guards. I would rate this shield at 5 out of 5. It will take a little getting use to looking through a windshield, but not a problem! I am also 5'8" so you mught want to check them out. :beerchug:

www.nationalcycle.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts