1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
445 Posts
Should have no problems with it. Says it fits 7/8" bars.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
I think that one is actually an over statement! The Kawi offered wind screen is the same size which is IMO actually small. Will prob fit and look good--just saynnnnn

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that one is actually an over statement! The Kawi offered wind screen is the same size which is IMO actually small. Will prob fit and look good--just saynnnnn
Yours looks good, what model is it??

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Mine is the Dealer offered one, grey tint with the Kawi wing emblem on it. A lot of talk here about OEM!!!!! Looks good, wish was a little bigger but it is what it is. Works fine for me. When that one said large and gave dims, I knew it was an overstatement! IMO

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does anyone know if this windshield will fit our bike? I just want something basic, and want to make sure this one will actually work.... Thanks.
LARGE in width, not in HEIGHT. your noodle is going to be in the wind, but maybe that is what you want. it looks way too short for my liking. my riding buddy has one just like that on his vn800 and it offers me no wind protection to the face. i don't like windburn as i am getting older. it keeps the wind off your chest and is much better than nothing, plus some people like to look over the top. not me. my screen is 22" from the top of headlight. just my two cents. but i think it will fit.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
The wind in your face can very well be the airdynamics of your helmet! I have a small windscreen (tinted KAWI) and can see over the top. Have 2 helments, the one I wear the most gets more in my face than the full face I wear in winter. The full face I can ride with the visor wide open and no wind at all. Knock on wood!! have not taken a bug to the face yet with the small wind screen!!

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Or HEAD!! (LOL)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Or HEAD!! (LOL)
haha... sorry but i find that helmets, seat belts, and condoms take about 99% of the fun out of life:beerchug:

i know it's dangerous. a meteor could fall from the sky at any time and brain me... but i ain't gonna run around with a metal collander on my head! fortunately my neighboring state (5 miles away from my house) has no helmet law, and about the closest thing to twisty roads in a several hundred mile radius.

driving in a car you are also somewhat likely to be in an accident and suffer head injuries, yet i see no state has mandated that car passengers wear helmets. but yes a full face helmet decreases the need for a tall windshield, of course. should have thought before i wrote:doh:

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Also keep in mind that each wind screen will need to be tweaked to the paticular rider. Mine is adjusted for ME, one may get on my bike and say this thing sucks! Adjust, adjust till it fits YOU>

·
Registered
194 Posts
Also keep in mind that each wind screen will need to be tweaked to the paticular rider. Mine is adjusted for ME, one may get on my bike and say this thing sucks! Adjust, adjust till it fits YOU>
very very true, don't just slap it on and think that is that. tipping mine back or fore a couple inches makes a world of difference. it can take a lot of fiddling with, take your wrenches and be prepared to experiment. very good advice, thanks:smiley_th

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the advice. I actually do want the wind still in my face, so I ordered this one. Just want to have some protection from the wind blasting my chest the whole time. I'm planning a lot of long rides this summer....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts