Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Does anyone have the "FLYSCREEN" windshield?
If so can you upload pictures of it?
I have been wanted to buy one of them, just for the look!

Thanks in advance

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Does the flyshield do anything more than keep the wind off your gauges and look cool?

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a Plexistar 2 on my bike, and I love it. *Enormous* difference when riding at highway speeds...

--FA

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I have a Slipstreamer SS-28 tinted (smoke) windshield. (for sale, BTW, if anybody is interested, PM me for details)

Does a good job of blocking the wind and the little "flared" out sides offer some wind block off the hands.

These can be had in clear as well, and I think there's lowers available separately.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have been thinking about a windshield for the VN750. I see many to choose from, both OEM and aftermarket but can't really tell which will work best. Looking to reduce the feeling that I am being pulled off the bike at highway speeds. Any first hand experience would be welcome. Thanks.

i have been curious about windshields for a while now. finnaly i just ordered this one off e-bay. the price dropped down a lot from a few weeks ago. its a gamble on what kind of quality is but i really like the "old school" look.

Attachments

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
i have been curious about windshields for a while now. finnaly i just ordered this one off e-bay. the price dropped down a lot from a few weeks ago. its a gamble on what kind of quality is but i really like the "old school" look.
That's the same one Kanuck bought, you may have to make lower brackets as well. :smiley_th

·
Registered
881 Posts
That's the same one Kanuck bought, you may have to make lower brackets as well. :smiley_th
kanuck got me interested in this style. im not sure that there the same though. if you look closley at the one i ordered is shaped more like a tombstone. kanuck's is rounder. i did look at that one to. if needed i will add a bracket.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
i like this style best as far as looks go. anyone have one simular?
Mine looks about the same shape, but may be a bit bigger. It came with the bike and I have no idea who the maker is. It reminds me of the Memphis Fats shields that I have seen here previously. I just measured my shield, and would be pleased if someone could tell me how it compares with the Memphis Fats.

Width = 19"
Headlight cutout ~ 7 1/8 high X 9" wide at the bottom
Height - overall = 21"
- from top of h/l cutout to top of shield = 16 3/4"
-from top of chrome strap to top of shield = 10 1/2"
Thickness ~ 1/8" (0.118 to 0.130" at different places around the perimeter)

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
kanuck got me interested in this style. im not sure that there the same though. if you look closley at the one i ordered is shaped more like a tombstone. kanuck's is rounder. i did look at that one to. if needed i will add a bracket.
The mounting hardware looks the same regardles of the shape of the shield. If it bounces on you I'll give you a better pic of what I did to cure th bounce.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts