Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my broken speedo cable. I thought it would be easier to remove the windshield for room. But after I got half off, the other side was rusted together. So I broke the bracket... Is it possible to get just a bracket? Or do I replace the whole thing?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just replaced my broken speedo cable. I thought it would be easier to remove the windshield for room. But after I got half off, the other side was rusted together. So I broke the bracket... Is it possible to get just a bracket? Or do I replace the whole thing?
you need only replace the brackets,,BUT they cost mega bucks ! $100s. if i were you i would do as i did,,fabricate some yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Some brackets may cost hundreds, but my new Plexistar II with brackets was under two hundred bucks. Think the brackets for it are under $40 delivered.

Contact the manufacturer and see if they sell the brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try to take a pic tomorrow. But I believe it is a stock windshield.- and the part I had to break was the grommet/plastic screw that actually goes into the windshield right side. Thanks for yall's help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts