Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, As I look to put a sheild on my 95 VN750 I keep coming up with the need to relocate my front turn signals. Is there any option out there not to have to do this? If not what type windshield is best for the Vulcan. Any an all help with this would be great.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What size shield are you looking to put on the bike??

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I just bought the the national cycle "flyscreen" It mounts to the headlight area leaving everything exactly where its suposed to be ... But it's 9" tall. It's enough for me, How about you. It depends on what kind of coverage you want. Bman was a good influance for my decision.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lulu has a nice sheild I went with the Memphis Slims install is a breese and they look cool. One thing though you will have to use their turn signal relocation kit but that was a sanp to do as well.

:motorcycl

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
As for what kind, without a relocation, alot depends on what your preferences are.
I have a Plexifairing III which is a large shield that has lowers (extentions to the shield that extend down beside the forks) as well as somewhat decent hand protection. It's great for cooler weather, but can be a bit too much when the temps start going up.
It is tricky to get it on and off, seeing as it wraps around the front signals, but it can be done without removing or relocating them.
I have had a buddies smaller handlebar mounted shield on which worked good, but I have no idea what kind it was. :doh:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the National Cycle Street Shield EX. It is 18 1/2 inches tall. It mounts without having to relocate the turn signals. Goes on and off in about 2 minutes by turning a couple knobs. Ill prob get a bigger one for next winter but I this one did pretty good this year and is pretty good now. Only thing is its sportier than most other than the shorty flyscreens IMO.

heres the link for them.
http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/FramesetStreetshields.html

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Your best bet might be to visit the websites of "Memphis Shades" and "National Cycle" and see which windshields you really like.

Then decide on what size/look you want. Both vendors should alert you to any needed mods.

I went with the National Cycle Plexistar 2. It's the "little brother" of the one Hyper described above (it's shorter, and doesn't have the lower extensions either). It goes on without relocating anything, but it's a snug fit!

When you're done (with a full-height windshield), you want the top of the windshield to be level with the tip of your nose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I had a riding buddy help me out and I am getting a 17/2 in V-force.... It looks great and should do what I need it to do and Keep the bugs out of my face.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts