Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking for an inexpensive functional clip on windscreen.
Any suggestions? NO more than say $150.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Eli - what do you mean by "clip on"? Do you mean a quick-release windscreen?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah sorry I meant quick release. But come to think of it, I don't really care if it is...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
First one I picked up was a Sportster windshield...was from a buddy, but cost me only $35 with hardware...plan on double used...the Sprtster ones fit nice with a slight trim, and then ya gotta shim the bar mounts from 1" to 7/8...I used some old garden hose.
I can check my buddy's shop if ya want, he gets new/used stuff in all the time...
There's a BIG swap meet in PA this weekend...Harrisburgh I think...you aint that far...

...here it is... http://www.cyclefish.com/event/14988/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Wolfie! That'd be cool but I don't think I can make it anywhere this weekend. Someone close by has a sportster windscreen I may try to fit. Maybe some day I can take a ride up to your friends shop...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Sure....feel free to visit....he's always hittin swap meets and such, and when he does custom work, many of his customers just leave their stock parts there. So just to get rid of em, he sells em cheap....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that sounds awesome. Do you now of any crashbars that fit the Vn 750 but aren't specifically for it?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I think there are a few aftermarket ones made....thought there was a set for sale in the Sell/Swap section....try doing a search....
But really, with a 4" angle grinder and a $125 welder, you can make almost anything "work'...I have so many "non VN750" parts on my bike now it aint funny, lol...it aint a VN700 any more, lol.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Comes with the hardware too...tough to beat that price...might need to trim a little for the VN, but honestly, its a name brand, and cheap !...check the seller's rep though...

Thing with a windshield, you more want it to be just a deflector, and your eys are over the top edge. If you get one you plan on actually looking thru, you need quality and optical perfection ($$$).

The one in the ad looks to be a look thru, but I doubt its optically perfect. Not for that price.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
You can always trim the top a lil too if needed...I did that with my first one...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts