45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a nice used W/S but P/O stuck a Harley like chrome sticker that
says Kawasaki anybody have an idea how to remove without damage to
windshield ?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
i would try to carefully heat it up with hair dryer before pulling it off and googone to clean up the resedue.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Good advice, the above referenced technique usually works. If you need to scrape the residue go to a window shop and purchase a nylon window scraper. Nylon stick and care will eliminate any scratches.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know it works for bumper stickers, dunno about acrylic stuff. But for bumper stickers if you smear Mayo on them and let em sit for an hour or two, itl' soften up the material and glue enough to wipe it off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dental Floss, Get some glide floss, if it's doublestick tape. Work it under the tape, and basically saw it off. Won't damage the windshield (used this to remove the decals on my tank). Then use a credit card to carefully scrape off any of the remainder, and then use Goo-gone to get rid of the sticky residue. If you're careful the decal will come off intact.

Learned the Dental Floss trick from fellow Buell riders, the tank decals are 3D on their tank (it's really an air intake) and alot of them like to remove them without screwing up the Lexan tank/air intake cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts