Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a weekend off work! Wanted to ride! Called up Old Dog last night and he said to come on up. Left home at 9:30 am headed to his place. Got there just before 11 am. 85 miles by my odometer. Talked with him and his beautiful wife, Mrs. Dog, for a short short. They are just great folks to be able to sit down with for a spell. Any who, we hit the road to Lynchburg to walk about the 2 bike related shops. We had lunch at the local grocery store which has a small eatery in it. Country burger to say the least. Enjoyed it! Then on to the shops at the town square. Most any week end it is solid with bikes parked in every space. Jack Daniels Distillery was having a bottle signing deal going on so cars had the square covered over. GRRRRRRRR. They wasn't supposed to be there. Saturdays are for bikes darnit!! And this bottle signing,,,, Jack is dead. Has been for years. But the distillery and the town was covered over with folks there for this event so I guess folks just fall for anything. :pepper:

Any way, had a great ride with a great friend and some great weather to do it in. I had 265.4 miles on the odometer when I parked her. Man am I loving this 1500! Took a little different way home which added 25 miles to the ride. Got home at 4:45 pm. It was worth the trip to Tennessee just to hang with Joe for a while. If ya'll haven't met Old Dog, ya'll are missing out.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts
Got a weekend off work! Wanted to ride! Called up Old Dog last night and he said to come on up. Left home at 9:30 am headed to his place. Got there just before 11 am. 85 miles by my odometer. Talked with him and his beautiful wife, Mrs. Dog, for a short short. They are just great folks to be able to sit down with for a spell. Any who, we hit the road to Lynchburg to walk about the 2 bike related shops. We had lunch at the local grocery store which has a small eatery in it. Country burger to say the least. Enjoyed it! Then on to the shops at the town square. Most any week end it is solid with bikes parked in every space. Jack Daniels Distillery was having a bottle signing deal going on so cars had the square covered over. GRRRRRRRR. They wasn't supposed to be there. Saturdays are for bikes darnit!! And this bottle signing,,,, Jack is dead. Has been for years. But the distillery and the town was covered over with folks there for this event so I guess folks just fall for anything. :pepper:

Any way, had a great ride with a great friend and some great weather to do it in. I had 265.4 miles on the odometer when I parked her. Man am I loving this 1500! Took a little different way home which added 25 miles to the ride. Got home at 4:45 pm. It was worth the trip to Tennessee just to hang with Joe for a while. If ya'll haven't met Old Dog, ya'll are missing out.
yup, another thread that makes me jealous. lol good for you Chuck A., you're one lucky dog. I glad you had a weekend off, great weather for a great ride, with some great company.

I, myself, have yet to have to the pleasure of meeting Old Dog. but I'm working on it. it's just he lives a little more than a day ride away from me. lol I've never been to TN., but now I have one more reason to check out that state.

again, so glad you had a great day,time,ride. good for you! :rockon:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts