Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of looking for some things to add to my stock '94 750 and find that very rarely is the '94 listed as being a fit. In almost every list, the first VN listed is the 800...
I'm totally unfamiliar with any other Vulcan besides mine, so I have no idea whether there were changes that would not allow those to work on my "94. These things I'm looking for are not of the "machine engine" type, but rather add-ons or changes to stock, i.e., pegs, seats, controls, luggage racks, etc. :confused:
Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me, as I'm brand new to the whole Vulcan experience.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I'm in the process of looking for some things to add to my stock '94 750 and find that very rarely is the '94 listed as being a fit. In almost every list, the first VN listed is the 800...
I'm totally unfamiliar with any other Vulcan besides mine, so I have no idea whether there were changes that would not allow those to work on my "94. These things I'm looking for are not of the "machine engine" type, but rather add-ons or changes to stock, i.e., pegs, seats, controls, luggage racks, etc. :confused:
Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me, as I'm brand new to the whole Vulcan experience.
Pretty much any part from an 86 - 06 VN750 will fit your 96 VN750, with very few exceptions.

I am not sure about the VN800 stuff, though I haven't seen anything about it on here.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
It will fit if you can do some fabrication. There are almost no bolt ons for the 750. You can find a rack occasionally on eBay. Kuryakyn makes adapters that will work with our bikes. The rest you have to make or make fit.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
vn800 seat with modifications to both seat and bike fit, front pegs swap, rear pegs do not swap, and that is about as far as the list goes...

A Hondaline luggage rack off of a GL1000, GL1100,or CX/GL 500/650 will bolt on with only having to tweak the mounting points at the shocks (works better with the VN800 seat mod). The Early VN1500 front forks will change over, allowing the use of 1" handle bars to give more options to those accessories.

I have more tricks up my sleeve, I just can't think of them at the moment... Ohh yea.. also made a riders back rest out of a Hondaline Sissy bar for the above mentioned luggage rack.

Also for more ideas on cheap, home brewed products with minimal tool usage, check out my DIY guide located on scribd... just check my sig.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Many parts from other bikes CAN be made to fit, depending on what you consider fit, with modifications to both the bike and the part. The Vulcan 750 '85-'06 is a one of a kind bike, there is nothing else like it anywhere. It is not even remotely similar to either one of the 800s. Aside from the very short lived tour pack, Kawasaki did make quite a few accessories for it, an extended backrest, a luggage rack, bolt on saddlebag support/turn signal relocator brackets, bolt on hard leather bags, a small windshield, and an engine guard. I have everything on mine except the engine guard, which I never did like, and the tour pack stuff. I also have a Memphis Shades Shooter windshield instead of the Kawasaki one. But I bought all the Kawasaki accessories back in '02, when they were still making them. The only place that might still have some of this stuff new would be ronayers.com.

There never was much aftermarket stuff for the Vulcan 750, because nobody seemed to be interested in customizing it. It didn't look enough like a Harley. A company called Highway Hawk had several chrome items for it, but I don't believe any of them are still available. I still want a full chrome radiator cover. The full cover, not just the insert. I should have bought one back when they were available.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, but another question...

Were there enough changes made to the 750 models after '94 that parts for the newer models won't fit my '94?

Sorry to sound so dumb here, but this is all new to me. On my other ride, a 650 Burgman maxiscooter, there's almost no chance for accessories, etc. so I'm hoping to be able to do a bit with my "new-to-me" 750 to make it a bit more like my own.

So far, I haven't found anyone who's even remotely familiar with pre- and post-'94 750 models (other than this forum, that is :smiley_th )

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Jerry.

(I missed your post until after I had added my last one.)

I guess I'll just need to be on the lookout for things that might work.

Actually, the 750 is so much different than riding my scooter that I'm still working through the change, e.g., but not limited to, not having any storage without added bags, exposure to the elements, the noise (the mc'ers I ride with tell me my scooter sounds like a sewing machine :))

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
There were no significant changes from the first model in 1985 to the last one in 2006. Most changes were cosmetic, i.e. paint colors.

The master cylinder changed in the early 90s, but any other part works on any model year from any other model year. The bike basically was unchanged for it's entire life. An 86 shaft and wheel will bolt right up to a 2004 model...etc...

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
are those "add ons" the ones you find on the road after riding behind the Harleys? :doh:
sorry, but I just had too say it. lol
LOL, I actually did find something along side the road once... but it was mine I lost two days prior! :doh:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2002 750 and was wanting to get foreward controls until I saw the price. So I was wondering if the kuryakyn swing wing pegs and the adapter for the 800 footpegs would work. They attach at the regular footpegs mounts. Has anyone used these. I saw them in the JP Cycles magazine. Any help would be great

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Yep, the Vulcan 750 was unchanged for the entire production run. Someone born in '86 would have been able to buy the EXACT same motorcycle that was made the year they were born, at age 20. Remarkable. I wish everything was like that.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts