Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted my intro upstairs, and now I'm here begging for some help, :baby:

I have been COMBING the web looking for the very simple carb repair kits; the ones with all the gaskets and seals in them. I have found them for just about every Kawi except mine, an '88 750.

I've seen other message board topics where people have found some, but they don't say where.

Can any of you folks help me with this? I've been thru dozens of sites tonight alone and keep coming up empty. Even eBay comes up empty. There has to be an alternative, like a kit, to buying each little gasket, seal and o-ring seperately. And the have carb kits all day long for a bunch of other vulcans, so where do I find the kits for mine?

My carbs are leaking; leaking from anywhere they can. So I want to pull them, tear 'em down for cleaning and inspecting, and then replace all sealing media they have. Seems pretty simple to me, all I need is the freakin repair kits.

So who wants to make some quick loot? Turn me on to a place to get them, and I'll shower you in cash! :wow:

(no, not really-just trying to illustrate my desperation)

I need to rebuild the tank valve too, but I've found those kits all over...

I'm glad I found this place, and hopefully soon I'll be ecstatic! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Kawasaki does NOT make a gasket kit for our bikes no matter what the year. The painful answer is that you will have to order each gasket,seal, and O ring individually unless you can find a third party who packages sets. As you have found out, they don't exist.
All the carb parts are interchangeable for all years as the carbs never changed design.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The buy it now price really isn't bad since new will cost lots of $X2.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
What I like about those is the guy isnt trying to rape you on shipping like so many do on ebay. That crap just pisses me off...lol

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. He says they need taken apart and cleaned too, which is the spot I'm in now, and why I'm looking for rebuild kits.

K&L and Keyster both make/sell complete kits consisting of seals, o-rings, gaskets, but I am having a heck of a time finding these kits for my bike.

I know the kits are not OEM, and OEM parts places don't sell them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gasket Kit

I just did my carbs,and had to get all of the seals individually.
I ordered them from babbittsonline.com I also get all of my
4 wheeler parts there.So far so good!:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I found the same thing too Ken, after about 10 hours of searching, there just isn't a kit, (million dollar idea right there). Anyway, thanks, and welcome to the Forums BTW. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts