Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was able to get my girl out for a ride on monday...had an unusually warm day for early february (u know how it is). Don't know how or why, but she'd only start if tranny was in neutral. There's a switch under the clutch lever and I'm wondering if it's possible that this switch may be bad? don't like the idea of stallin out in an intersection and having to find neutral for a quick re-start ! any thoughts?

Gary

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Does it do this from the start when it is cold or is it more of a warm restart problem?
My usual starting procedure is..
Cold start.. in neutral, full choke, no throttle
warm start or restart.. no choke, clutch in, flick of the throttle to catch.
Every once in a great while it seems she won't start up in neutral and I have the opposite problem.. clutch in, in gear, and she will start no problems!
Sorry, but I don't recall any instances where she would only start in neutral.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dianna,
Your start procedure and mine are the same...problem here is that even when warm I have to put er into neutral. This hasn't happened before. Could always start er up with clutch engaged. I don't like the word assume...but there is this little switch on the grip housing that should get depressed when the clutch is engaged. I don't have a manual yet...so that's the assumption...that the switch, altho depressed, may be bad....and then will only start in neutral ? Kawi site (parts list) identifies it as part 27010-1094, but not what it does, but it has to be an electrical connection of some sort.

Gary

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
If it starts in neutral but not when the clutch is pulled in, it sounds like the clutch switch is the problem. It is a safety interlock to make sure you don't try to start the bike in gear and get bucked off. :)

RB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts