Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rockon: Ok,all I have left to do,is put on the choke linkages,put the boot back on,then put the carbs back on the bike.My question is,Will the bike start with the carbs not synced? Right now, my pilot screws are out 2 turns.I know you all say about 2 1/2.Do I go ahead and get the pilot screws adjusted first? Then worry about syncing the carbs?:doh: Steve

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
not trying to sound rude or get smart with ya, but your bike will have to start to sync the carbs as syncing them uses the vacume the engine produces

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not taken as rude.I figured it would start,then I would set the pilot screws,get it going as best as I can while idling.Then I guess I'll see what happens when I give it a little throttle.Am I on course?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Sounds like you're on the right track to me. Even if the carbs are outta sync, the bike should still run. If you'd try taking it for a spin with them outta sync, it'd probably run a bit rough, but still run.
So concentrate on just getting the bike running first, then work on the carb sync.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Hyperbuzzin.This is my first carb removal,and I appreciate all the help I get here on the vn750 club.It is a pleasure to come here and find what you need.Alot of good people here. Steve

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
ssmendez said:
Thanks for the info Hyperbuzzin.This is my first carb removal,and I appreciate all the help I get here on the vn750 club.It is a pleasure to come here and find what you need.Alot of good people here. Steve
I'm following right along with ya buddy. I'm going to be removing my carbs over the winter break for a....project.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts