Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw New Riders Mean Streak seat on his 750, and I've been checking out a 900 custom seat,mail order, but the 900 seat looks to hang lower over the side covers. Anyone tried this particular seat on the 750,or is it the same as the Mean Streak, and I'm not getting a good look by picture?

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
I believe several here have put 900 seats on their 750. There was even a thread on it somewhere. I'm not 100% sure if there is a difference in a 900 "standard" seat and a 900 "custom" seat, but wold guess if they both fit the same bike, they both still work.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes it'll fit. Have to drill a hole in the fender to slide a bolt through to hold the seat on. here's mine. It's not perfect yet but it fits and is more comfortable. I think it adds a little lower back support

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possible new seat.

looks good might make this mail order an offer. This seat in the picture is off the 2012 model. Looks Corbin to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice seat I just offered him $50 cold hard, if he wants to part with it. I hope he don't get offended.

·
200% senile
164 Posts
nice seat I just offered him $50 cold hard, if he wants to part with it. I hope he don't get offended.
If it is a Corbin, he probably won't even bother to answer back. The going price for even a used Corbin in good shape would be several hundred at minimum, and reasonably easy to get that for it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I paid $85 for mine and it's the stock seat off the 900. Corbin's I would think like $150 and more

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What it's worth, and what you can get for it, are often two entirely different things.
Sort of like the vn 1500 eng and forks, I'm trying to get $200 for,stupidly cheap,no takers.
I'll post the outcome, either way.

·
200% senile
164 Posts
What it's worth, and what you can get for it, are often two entirely different things.
Sort of like the vn 1500 eng and forks, I'm trying to get $200 for,stupidly cheap,no takers.
I'll post the outcome, either way.
True. Yer' in the land down under from us so that probably makes a difference too. I was going by what I have seen in the U.S.

Like the old saying goes, "Ya never know till ya ask"...so ya might get lucky. Hope ya do!

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
The pic is of a 900 custom seat. The other one above ur post is the 900 classic seat like chucks. Im doing mine so I can switch between the two

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No response from the seat guy, looks like you were right Texas. Fifty bucks more in my pocket anyhow.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Different seats for different jobs,a change is as good as a holiday. I must admit I like a lower seat height,seems a bit nicer,feeling more part of the bike than a lump on top. I may just trim down my solo, and do a little shaving here and there. i might even add or subtract from the seat base also. nothing like a personalized seat.

·
200% senile
164 Posts
No response from the seat guy, looks like you were right Texas. Fifty bucks more in my pocket anyhow.
Bummer. That would have still been a heckava good deal even for a stock seat.

·
200% senile
164 Posts
Different seats for different jobs,a change is as good as a holiday. I must admit I like a lower seat height,seems a bit nicer,feeling more part of the bike than a lump on top. I may just trim down my solo, and do a little shaving here and there. i might even add or subtract from the seat base also. nothing like a personalized seat.
I like a lower seat height myself. I'm no good at reconstructing seats so I would have to be patient until I found another seat for sale. The mean streak seats are easy to adapt to the 750 if you can find one.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I paid $40 fer this Roadstar seat and added fringe....I wouldnt give it up fer nuthin !!!!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Evo sportster solo and pillian pad easily mount.just minor fab and a little drilling and tweaking

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Lucky.

Bummer. That would have still been a heckava good deal even for a stock seat.
The guy just accepted my offer,so $50 + freight and I got a cherry 2012 custom seat.

Ps well constructed solo you got there Wolfie, reminds me of a Le Pera.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts