Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, wildflowers! I enjoy the scenery when I ride and March thru June is wildflower season in the Columbia River Gorge with a color change from month to month. It is never the same ride twice during this time of year! Take the Washington side (Route 14) one way and the Oregon side (Old Route 30) the other for the best combination of scenery, varying road conditions and twisties (especially the switchbacks around Vista House). Did this trip last weekend and to do it again trip this weekend as temperature are expected to head into the mid-70’s.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I love this ride...I plan doing this same ride next june when I come "home" to make the Hells Canyon ride in Baker City the second weekend. there are a lot of great rides in washington and oregon. another ride I want to do is from eugene to medford then up to the oregon caves and crater lake. then head through central oregon to the John Day Fossil Beds and the Lava Beds. Then head on up north to Hells Canyon, and around to Wallowa Lake. and finish up the ride in Astoria

Now that would be a fun ride...lots of miles, and lots of time to get reaquanted with my family.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts